What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v Pakistan at Brisbane on Dec 15-19, 2016

TheParraboy

Staff member
Back to the best format of the game

Starts Thurs 15th 2.30pm - D/N TEST

Expecting us to have the same side as last test, though whispers SMarsh will be back, possibly Voges??

Don't mind these D/N tests, get to see more cricket

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Going on day 2, t with he way these two sides bat hopefully there is still a game going on.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think we can expect the same 11, Boof said SMarsh needs fist class cricket before he can be available for selection but that doesn't necessarily mean he will be selected. It just means he is available.

Das Gupta

Juniors
I was hoping for a tough fought series but I think this series could be a one sided affair to Australia. Pakistan has lost their past 3 test matches including one to the West Indies. It appears the rot of Mickey Arthur is beginning to set in.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
They've already named the squad, same as the last test.

Pakistans batsmen were disappointing in New Zealand including Younis. If Pakistan lose the first test we'll win 3-0.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Was injured last match. Has a Test average over 60. Among the runs in the Shield in recent days. I think he should be in the side.

Does he support Penrith ?

Australia's middle order has been shameful and he has been the most responsible.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think we can expect the same 11, Boof said SMarsh needs fist class cricket before he can be available for selection but that doesn't necessarily mean he will be selected. It just means he is available.

Forget FC cricket, according to Boof if he gets his fitness up in the BBL he will either play in Pakistan tests or tour India

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-pakistan-2016-17/content/story/1071285.html

It is believed that Marsh's finger injury, a re-break suffered during the first Test after he initially fractured it in Sri Lanka, is of a more serious nature than initially thought. Australia's coach Darren Lehmann conceded that Marsh would now need to prove his fitness via the Big Bash League - either for the Pakistan series or the tour of India next year, for which he is considered a vital component given a sound batting method against spin

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Checking his record here are his averages

28.71 against england
99 against nz
7.50 against south africa
19.66 against sri lanka
542 against the west indies

Lmao doesnt average over 30 against anyone but new zealand and the west indies

australias middle order has been terrible and he is suspect number 1 (maybe 2 behind mitch marsh) on who the cause of it is.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Its a tough one because i dont know if bird deserves to be dropped but sayers has been really good and certainly deserves a go

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Checking his record here are his averages

28.71 against england
99 against nz
7.50 against south africa
19.66 against sri lanka
542 against the west indies

Lmao doesnt average over 30 against anyone but new zealand and the west indies

australias middle order has been terrible and he is suspect number 1 (maybe 2 behind mitch marsh) on who the cause of it is.
What a myth, and some people will tell you he was one of Rod Marshes few wins. When we really needed him he failed. We wasted two years on an old fart who shit the bed against anyone other than minnows.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Dom Voges was a decent batsman but imo he is past his use by date, footwork is just not happening like it used to

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yeah i think thats fair enough

Our middle order has been awful and voges, marsh and nevill all got dropped for it. just cant carry three batsmen in the top 7 averaging like they are against good nations

Latest posts