What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Bangladesh v New Zealand at Chittagong (CDS) - Oct 17-21, 2008

African Monkey

First Grade
I have only just started getting into cricket so I am not 'in the know' but, was Franklin a good bowler and was he quick?
If you want someone bowling juicy half-volleys below 130 kph, Franklin's your man. However I do feel that he could turn to batting full-time if he wanted to.

Blaze

Juniors
I would rather pick Franklin as a batsman then a bowler.

Southee is no Sharma but I do see where you're coming from and yes he has been clocked at 140 kph but Mark Gillespie can bowl at that pace consistently and I would hardly call Gillespie threatning.

What? You were the one that used lack of pace as a reason not to select Southee.. now you are saying pace doesn't matter?

Also, you need to watch more test cricket if you think Franklin is a poor test bowler.

African Monkey

First Grade
What? You were the one that used lack of pace as a reason not to select Southee.. now you are saying pace doesn't matter?

Also, you need to watch more test cricket if you think Franklin is a poor test bowler.
I just think that he bowls too many half volleys especially to the left handers which takes the pressure off the batting side although he does bowl well to the right handers and I feel that he could go further with his batting. Also, who would he come in for when he is available ?

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
i hope they take southee to australia... he reminds me of McGrath... especiallu his action... definately not anywhere near that class but i know Dennis Lilee said something similar