What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test D/N Australia v Sri Lanka at Brisbane Jan 24-28 - AUSTRALIA WON BY AN INNINGS AND 40 RUNS

TheParraboy

Staff member
Starts 2pm AEDT next Thursday

Don't think our bats are gonna do great here, luckily for our bowlers conditions and the opposition should suit them more than Indian series

Starts 2pm AEDT next Thursday

Don't think our bats are gonna do great here, luckily for our bowlers conditions and the opposition should suit them more than Indian series

Interesting to see how the Pink ball acts in Brisbane..

Sri Lanka aren’t in great form on tour, and we are all changed up after a hiding. This could be anything..

What’s for certain is I’m there on the Friday night taking my clients out in the first xi corporate package with unlimited drink all night. I’m gonna enjoy it no matter what the score is like.

Everyone is a winner at the bar!

typicalfan

Coach
Expecting a 1-1 drawn series where Sri Lanka play the better cricket overall. We will take Brisbane and get over confident and fall to pieces in Canberra.

jargan83

Coach

some11

Referee
Wtf, I thought I read Renshaw would only get the opening gig if he performed in the CAXI match.

Careless whispers again?

mattyg

Bench
Terrible idea picking the squad so early. Richardson has to come in for Hazlewood. Patterson should be playing after his performance for CAXI. I think Stoinis is really pushing his case for the ashes, his bowling could be so handy in England and especially a day night test if we didn’t pick our squad so early :rage:

Bazal

Post Whore
Terrible idea picking the squad so early. Richardson has to come in for Hazlewood. Patterson should be playing after his performance for CAXI. I think Stoinis is really pushing his case for the ashes, his bowling could be so handy in England and especially a day night test if we didn’t pick our squad so early :rage:

Yeah, no, Stoinis is not a test players arsehole

jargan83

Coach
How on earth can the CAXI match not be a selection match?

100% agree, especially given the struggles of our batting order this summer and the bloke who performed against the tourists is going to be left out is pretty outrageous.

Our selectors are morons.

Stoinis red ball bowling record is pretty poor, but any all rounder needs to be good enough to make the team as a batsmen, Stoinis isn’t anywhere close.

Wtf, I thought I read Renshaw would only get the opening gig if he performed in the CAXI match.

Careless whispers again?

There’s 3 openers in the squad, 4 if you include Khawaja. I doubt we’ll be seeing Renshaw in the team. Pucovski will debut.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hohns said he wanted Renshaw in the squad with a view to the Ashes upcoming tour, or words to that effect. Sort of said to me that he wont be playing, he just wanted him around the players.

Sort of makes a joke out of selection policy, being picked to be around the squad rather that picked on form.

aussies1st

Staff member
You'll think if they rushed him in they would play him instead of admitting they were wrong for nothing

Timbo

Staff member
Hell yeah, sanity prevails.

1-Burns
2-Harris
3-Khawaja
4-Patterson
5-Head
6-Labuschagne

Please and thankyou.