What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: England v New Zealand at Lords, June 2-6 2021

Devon” Real Deal “ Conway looks a playa!!

I went to bed just after his 50.... he absolutely looks the goods then...

And to roll onto 136 not out - an opener - batting all day - in his debut test - In England....

Just Wow....

It can be a cliche for someone to say "that's the best (insert subject) I've seen" in the moment - footy commentators especially... But I'm trying to recall a more impressive test debut....

The usual one that bobs up is Mark Waugh. But that was at home (adelaide), batting middle order etc. A great knock / awesome debut but.....

Others here can jog my memory of other great debuts?

What I actually saw of him, Great technique and he was just so composed. Then to see what he went on to get... Kiwi's have got a real good 'un here methinks..

I watched the first session and Conway looked amazing. Had to go to bed at lunch but wasn’t surprised to see him ton up. Just looked unphased.

On another note, gotta wonder once Broad and Anderson retire how England will look.

edabomb

First Grade
You know you are playing one of the big three when they can literally waste 3 minutes between balls standing around talking.

Reactions: JJ

Mr Spock!

Referee
I watched the first session and Conway looked amazing. Had to go to bed at lunch but wasn’t surprised to see him ton up. Just looked unphased.

On another note, gotta wonder once Broad and Anderson retire how England will look.
Might be the next poms to retire and go home on an ashes trip to Australia.

Unless the ball's hooping around, their medium pacers have nothing.

They are once in a generation bowlers.. They’ve got Wood, Archer ... Robinson looking pretty good but none are in the league of those two.

But Archer n Wood could prove better in Australia than Broad n Anderson have ever been..

Double century for Conway...

Applauded here on my lounge on my own late at night. That’s an awesome achievement.

Looked in doubt when they went 9 down and he was in the 180’s... but Wagner has blasted quick runs and stayed with him.

Been a great half hour of cricket to watch...

I think they bat him at 8 to try and justify his selection. He's picked ahead of Ajaz Patel because of his batting lol. That was a schoolboy shot.

Wagner came in at 11 and looked like a proper #7... Not a cowboy innings, but he played textbook shots for 4's and a classic lofted off-drive for 6.... all the while Conway was up the other end still in the 180's...

Might have been one innings, but he's a step above all the other bowlers, apart from perhaps Hightower Jamieson (even though he played a bludger of a shot to get out last night) and Colin De Grandhomme (even though his form is questionable).

edabomb

First Grade
Lol. This is why we have neutral umpires.

"Can't be certain there, son" hahahaha.

Latest posts