What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test England v West Indies at Southampton, July 8-12 2020

TheParraboy

Staff member
International test cricket is back !! *yay*

In England of all places, 3 test series. One test at Southampton, two tests at Manchester - cv19 inspired no doubt.

Team Stokes v Team Butler played in a drawn warm up match

Kicks off Wednesday 8th July - 8pm. im assuming Fox will cover it?

Stokes to captain the poms

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...ngland-joe-root-misses-first-west-indies-test

Ben Stokes will captain England for the first time in the first Test against West Indies starting next week. Joe Root, England's permanent red-ball captain, will miss the first Test and warm-up match to attend the birth of his second child. Root's wife, Carrie, is due to give birth later this week.

The ECB confirmed that Root will have to self-isolate for seven days at home once he leaves hospital with his family. He is expected to be available for the second Test of the series, which starts at Emirates Old Trafford on July 16, and will join up with the squad at the ground on July 13.

Pommy

Coach
Nice surprise this morning as I had it in my head that this kicked off tomorrow.
Coverage listed on Kayo as starting at 19.30.
Looking forward to seeing how Stokes goes, Root needs to just concentrate on batting I think. There’s nobody on the pitch who’s more able than Stokes to lead by example.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Nice surprise this morning as I had it in my head that this kicked off tomorrow.
Coverage listed on Kayo as starting at 19.30.
Looking forward to seeing how Stokes goes, Root needs to just concentrate on batting I think. There’s nobody on the pitch who’s more able than Stokes to lead by example.

Could be Stokes only captaincy gig for test cricket, as Root back for the 2nd test

They are both 29yo

TheParraboy

Staff member
mIckey firing up about BLM

Wonder what his thoughts on the rioting and looting and violence for the cause?

Mr Spock!

Referee
mIckey firing up about BLM

Wonder what his thoughts on the rioting and looting and violence for the cause?
I'm sure people said the same thing to MLK as there were literally dozens of riots in the 60s. The Watts Riot in 65 involved 35000 people.

If you look back to the 60s thats been a standard response to police violence against black people eg assassination of MLK in late 60s, bashing of Rodney King in the 80s.

And it's still happening.