What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test New Zealand v Bangladesh at Hamilton Feb 28 - Mar 4 2019 - NZ WON BY AN INNINGS AND 52 RUNS

TheParraboy

Staff member
First of the 3 test series starts this Saturday 9am AEDT

Couple of big upsets in test cricket in recent times, be interested to see if Bangladesh can continue that theme. highly unlikely though, kiwis too many class players to be beaten

Squad Kane Williamson (capt), Todd Astle, Trent Boult, Colin de Grandhomme, Matt Henry, Tom Latham, Henry Nicholls, Jeet Raval, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Neil Wagner, BJ Watling, Will Young

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...-bangladesh-test-series-ajaz-patel-misses-out

TheParraboy

Staff member
If Bangers manage to win the first test or even draw the series 1-1 with 1 draw
NZ plummet to 5th in the rankings

JJ

Immortal
Well, I wouldn't be totally devastated. We're a kind of silver Steven Bradbury at the moment.
In reality it's India one, and most the others pretty close...

Todd Astle eh, someone's got some love for him - don't see it myself - and Neesham should be there ahead of Colin, quite obviously - in the past he's been a very good test bat

Meth

Staff member
New Zealand: 1 Jeet Raval, 2 Tom Latham, 3 Kane Williamson (capt), 4 Ross Taylor, 5 Henry Nicholls, 6 BJ Watling (wk), 7 Colin de Grandhomme, 8 Todd Astle, 9 Tim Southee, 10 Neil Wagner, 11 Trent Boult

Bangladesh: 1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Shadman Islam, 3 Mominul Haque, 4 Mohammad Mithun, 5 Mahmudullah (capt), 6 Liton Das (wk), 7 Soumya Sarkar, 8 Mehidy Hasan Miraz, 9 Khaled Ahmed, 10 Abu Jayed, 11 Ebadat Hossain

Timbo

Staff member

Todd Astle eh, someone's got some love for him - don't see it myself - and Neesham should be there ahead of Colin, quite obviously - in the past he's been a very good test bat

Astle? Is that just because they really want a legspinner? I really liked the look of Somerville when he played for NSW and he seems to be the kind of nagging offie that can complement a four-prong pace attack well.

Meth

Staff member
Astle? Is that just because they really want a legspinner? I really liked the look of Somerville when he played for NSW and he seems to be the kind of nagging offie that can complement a four-prong pace attack well.

I think it's because they think he's related to Nathan.

Good start by Bangladesh

Meth

Staff member
Opening partnership broken- Boult gets the breakthrough. Thankfully, because Southee has looked pretty trash.

Iafeta

Referee
Woeful bowling from both these chaps and getting destroyed and rightfully so from Taimim. These blokes are floating up half volleys on a very friendly paced track. Use your heads, sometimes you need to pull your lengths back a touch and play the patience game. You can’t try to bowl magical late swinging full deliveries with each ball ffs

Iafeta

Referee

Neesham is still a fairly ordinary bowler IMO. I don’t necessarily think CDG is that great in the short form but in test cricket he’s done his job fairly well.

Astle... I can see why I guess. He’s a bit like Sodhi. More of a Kumble type leg break who beats you with speed coming in often. But both Sodhi and Astle as opposed to Kumble have poor control.

It’s horses for courses for the spinners. Patel, Somerville, Sodhi, Astle, they’ve all had a lash but I don’t think the selectors have got a read on any of them.

Iafeta

Referee
Neil Wagner oddly looks the only bloke who has applied his brain today. I would love to know what their net sessions were like. It looks a half baked team who’ve been bowling in singlets off half run ups at gentle pace.

Meth

Staff member
That's an important wicket for NZ to stay in touch, but I am not sure I've seen a more Neil Wagner wicket...

JJ

Immortal
Neesham is still a fairly ordinary bowler IMO. I don’t necessarily think CDG is that great in the short form but in test cricket he’s done his job fairly well.

Astle... I can see why I guess. He’s a bit like Sodhi. More of a Kumble type leg break who beats you with speed coming in often. But both Sodhi and Astle as opposed to Kumble have poor control.

It’s horses for courses for the spinners. Patel, Somerville, Sodhi, Astle, they’ve all had a lash but I don’t think the selectors have got a read on any of them.
Neesham is a poor bowler, but ok as the 4th pace option imo

#2 in the world lol - have they been reading the press too much?

Latest posts