What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Pakistan v England @ Rawalpindi Dec 1-5, 2022

TheParraboy

Staff member
Saying it will be a shortened session, around 20 overs

86 to get

Up to Pakis to go at 4 an over from here on

Eelectrica

Referee
Doesn't seem like Pakistan are going for it. Just trying to survive and wear the bowlers down some more.

yobbo84

First Grade
All over now, they'll roll through them

Poor attitude/tactics from Pakistan after tea

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
RESULT
1st Test, Rawalpindi, December 01 - 05, 2022, England tour of Pakistan

England Flag

England
657 & 264/7d
Pakistan Flag

Pakistan
(T:343) 579 & 268
England won by 74 runs

TheParraboy

Staff member
Congrats to the poms. Attacking from the get go and a generous , well thought out declaration

Though not sure we get near a result if Pakistan had half a decent bowling attack which included 3 debutants as front line bowlers.

JJ

Immortal
Impressive to force that result - Bazz Ball goes a long way to ensuring a result... not sure how it translates to more bowler friendly conditions or against more experienced attacks - but 6 RPO is impressive for sure

Bazal

Post Whore
I mean...LMAO at Pakistan though. They were completely inept for most of the game in terms of their tactics. They lost their shit against the tactical might of Buzz McCollins and never recovered

simmo1

First Grade
Credit to England forcing a result here. 99% of games on that pitch would end in a draw and probably not even make 4th innings.

Classic Pakistan collapse though. Shafique and Babar getting out on day 4 cost them what would have been a pretty funny victory. Surely Yasir Shah is better than some of these nuffy spinners they keep picking.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Long live Bazball....until the ashes
Going to be a great series next year. Australia have to lift it up a notch i feel or we will fall short again. And the drought will extend to 26 years in winning a series in the UK.

The greatest shame is that he wasn't appointed 12 months earlier.

Have to wait a whole 4 year cycle to see Bazball in Australia. And by then things could be different with personnel.

Ashes are always competitive in England.

But gee we are due for a classic one in Australia i reckon if England were out here right now we would see a different result to last summer. Closest one in my lifetime is 2010/11 and England actually demoralized us still so wasn't really competitive either.