What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 OUT, 2 IN - 2021

Avenger

Immortal
No 8, no Brad Arthur. However we will scrape in the bottom half of the eight. I don’t care about any other team, only mine.

Eelementary

Post Whore
There’s always one who comes from nowhere (Penrith) and one we all thought was a sure thing fail ( manly).

I’d like to think the Titans are a shoe in for the 8 and possibly a Smokey for the top 4. However the bulldogs showed in late 18/19 it’s easy to play well when you can’t make the 8 and there’s no pressure. Interesting to see if they can back it up from the get fo next year.

As for the huge fall from grace not sure, it only takes an injury or two and could be anyone. I’ll say Parramatta but without much confidence. Looking at their squad I think every player bar Dyl Brown has reached their peak and a few might even be heading downwards.

I reckon Marata Niukore, Reed Mahoney, and Maika Sivo all have further developments to add to their games.

I do believe we over-achieved in 2020, after a strong start to the season - but I still believe we are a top 8 side.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I reckon Marata Niukore, Reed Mahoney, and Maika Sivo all have further developments to add to their games.

I do believe we over-achieved in 2020, after a strong start to the season - but I still believe we are a top 8 side.

The 1-13 seem very settled, so I don’t know anything about the fringe players you have that didn’t get a run this year

Sivo well who knows, if he is 2019 Sivo then you don’t really need him to improve, just get back to that.

I know Eels fans gush over Reed, he’s a tough little bugger who gives his all, but he looks another Cam McInness to me. Only 22 though so yes room for improvement

If you ask me if I think they make the 8 in 2021 it’s a firm YES from me. I’m more so just picking a team for the sake of it, Sharks/Knights etc are the easy picks so had to grab one of the top 6 and Eels seemed as good as any

1. Canberra Raiders
2. Wests Tigers
3. South Sydney Rabbitohs
4. Gold Coast Titans
5. Melbourne Storm
6. Sydney Roosters
7. Penrith Panthers
8. St George-Illawarra Dragons
9. Parramatta Eels
10. New Zealand Warriors
11. Manly Sea Eagles
12. Canterbury Bulldogs
13. Newcastle Knights
14. North Queensland Cowboys
15. Cronulla Sharks
16. Brisbane Broncos

you have the Tigers too low

axl rose

Bench
1. Canberra Raiders
2. Wests Tigers
3. South Sydney Rabbitohs
4. Gold Coast Titans
5. Melbourne Storm
6. Sydney Roosters
7. Penrith Panthers
8. St George-Illawarra Dragons
9. Parramatta Eels
10. New Zealand Warriors
11. Manly Sea Eagles
12. Canterbury Bulldogs
13. Newcastle Knights
14. North Queensland Cowboys
15. Cronulla Sharks
16. Brisbane Broncos

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
The 1-13 seem very settled, so I don’t know anything about the fringe players you have that didn’t get a run this year

Sivo well who knows, if he is 2019 Sivo then you don’t really need him to improve, just get back to that.

I know Eels fans gush over Reed, he’s a tough little bugger who gives his all, but he looks another Cam McInness to me. Only 22 though so yes room for improvement

If you ask me if I think they make the 8 in 2021 it’s a firm YES from me. I’m more so just picking a team for the sake of it, Sharks/Knights etc are the easy picks so had to grab one of the top 6 and Eels seemed as good as any

And were whacky so it's reasonable.

We've moved on ten or more top 30 players, plus the cloud over Jenko who will probably get banned. Both those things could go either way. I'd already say Papalii is an improvement on Evans and Opacic is an improvement on Taka....but if Opacic winds up playing in Jennings spot that's a significant down grade.

TheDMC

Bench
Good Post. Agree with everything you have said.

Except Panthers. I think they will be a force again next year and that loss will do them good in big scheme of things.

Yeah I think a young team like them is likely to be strong again next year and more equipped for a grand final, if they make it. The runner up hangover is probably more relevant for a team that has peaked in age/experience and gave its all to have one shot at the big dance.

Yeah I think a young team like them is likely to be strong again next year and more equipped for a grand final, if they make it. The runner up hangover is probably more relevant for a team that has peaked in age/experience and gave its all to have one shot at the big dance.

Agreed. Young Raiders are a good precedent. Lost to Manly in 87 GF, finishing 3rd(?) in 88 before finally winning in 89/90

Vee

First Grade
And were whacky so it's reasonable.

We've moved on ten or more top 30 players, plus the cloud over Jenko who will probably get banned. Both those things could go either way. I'd already say Papalii is an improvement on Evans and Opacic is an improvement on Taka....but if Opacic winds up playing in Jennings spot that's a significant down grade.
Opa is barely an improvement on me, and my Z grade career finished 25 years ago.