What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 things i dont get about the roosters

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
1) The spent good money on firman a good player, while they have a superstar in the making in Flegg that kid soward could make the step up next season. Remember if their good enough their old enough.
2) All these great outside backs they have in the lower grades yet they play hodges and walker in the grand final. Gavin Lester killed it in PL i really think that was a huge huge error.

I dont get them they have all this talent yet they open the cheque book for Mini Monas, Amos and Firman. What kind of message does it send to these kids in flegg and pl.

Moggles

Juniors
If they used too many players from lower grades, it can cause problems with their salary cap wouldn't it?

Corbin

Juniors
i agree, i think Pe Wee Moco in Jersey Flegg had a cracker of a game... also gavin lester and Soward they are 3 players we should see in the First competition next year...

Merlin

There is a huge gap between PL and 1st grade, I don't think Sticky could take a risk on ruining a good PL player by putting him in such a high pressure game as a final or GF. Apart from that there was the issue with the salary cap where the Roosters could not play any more PL players without being fined.

Corbin

Juniors
because they will do something the raiders obviously cant do.... take a struggling player and make him a good one! ha ha ha

Forum Idiot

Bench
Merlin said:
There is a huge gap between PL and 1st grade, I don't think Sticky could take a risk on ruining a good PL player by putting him in such a high pressure game as a final or GF. Apart from that there was the issue with the salary cap where the Roosters could not play any more PL players without being fined.
are you talking about gavin lester?
im sure hed handle the pressure of a finals game considering the way the bulldogs made the 1998 GF.

lotm

Juniors
The spent good money on firman a good player
don't the dragons pay part of his salary?

they have a superstar in the making in Flegg that kid soward could make the step up next season.
firstly, he's almost 20 ... hardly a kid. secondly, the step from flegg to first grade is enormous. this isn't about age - this is about experience. he's only played a handful of premier league matches. don't expect soward to play a significant role in the first grade side next season.

I dont get them they have all this talent yet they open the cheque book for Mini Monas, Amos and Firman. What kind of message does it send to these kids in flegg and pl.
the roosters are run like a cold, souless business. their players are expendible, and they're willing to purchase established first grade players with buckets of experience rather than waste time and money giving the inexperienced experience. there are, of course, exceptions (anthony tupou etc.). this isn't a criticism, btw.

LaCuna Coil

Juniors
I think Soward will end up playing a few first grade matches this upcoming season, nothing too major. It was a good move signing Firman because as talented as Soward is that's no guarantee that he'd become the superstar alot of Rooster fans think he might be.

lotm

Juniors
every club claims it's got a freakin' prodigy in its midst - 11 of them will be wrong.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
lotm said:
The spent good money on firman a good player
don't the dragons pay part of his salary?

they have a superstar in the making in Flegg that kid soward could make the step up next season.
firstly, he's almost 20 ... hardly a kid. secondly, the step from flegg to first grade is enormous. this isn't about age - this is about experience. he's only played a handful of premier league matches. don't expect soward to play a significant role in the first grade side next season.

the roosters are run like a cold, souless business. their players are expendible, and they're willing to purchase established first grade players with buckets of experience rather than waste time and money giving the inexperienced experience. there are, of course, exceptions (anthony tupou etc.). this isn't a criticism, btw.

no the dragons paid him less than what the roosters offered.

firman is a half and soward is a 5/8 for a start.

lester has a lot of mistakes in him too though.

they wanted to use isiola soliola in 1st grade before the finals but couldn't as they reached their cap limit

lotm

Juniors
no the dragons paid him less than what the roosters offered.
you misunderstand. i was under the impression that the dragons were obligated to pay a percentage of firman's salary because he still had a couple years left on his contract, and that was part of the reason the roosters were able to sign him.

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
The two for me would be the latte's and the Sunsilk :-k

Nope don't get it

And yes Firman is under the contract details as Lotm points out

ozzie

Bench
The Faiders farmed out Soward to Yass because they thought he couldn't make it - the Roosters pick him up and he played well in the comp he was in...Even the local writers in the Yass papers say he is too small...

But god has he got talent - something the Faiders couldn't see..I am awaiting the screams of we pinched their junior players

Latest posts