What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 Warriors enter the ring

Big Marn

Juniors
Criteria : Gamebreaking ability, endurance, consistency

First up:

Iafeta Paleaaesina v Joe Vagana

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Game breaking ability - Feka
Endurance and Consistency - Big Joe

Feka kinda got dudded a bit though, he had his best year in 2005 when we were consistently mediocre under Kemp, then went to England. He matured properly as a front rower that year, in 01-04 he was largely a spectacular impact weapon who was only good for a few big charges a game.

Meth

Staff member
I'd put Feka in the same vein as Hitro Okesene before him. Amazing to watch, but not really the prop you can build a team around. I would have loved it if he stuck around for a bit longer, but he was an impact player and a cult hero.

Joe for endurance and consistency, although Feka was consistent in what he did.

So, Joe.

Reactions: JJ

Rich102

Staff member
Hitro started off as a hooker. So was always a bit light for a prop.
But he gave it all.

Of the two above Joe would get my nod.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
can I kick off the next round?

Same criteria: Gamebreaking ability, endurance, consistency

Feleti Mateo vs Sione Faumuina

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I'd put Feka in the same vein as Hitro Okesene before him. Amazing to watch, but not really the prop you can build a team around. I would have loved it if he stuck around for a bit longer, but he was an impact player and a cult hero.

Joe for endurance and consistency, although Feka was consistent in what he did.

So, Joe.

2005 Feka was the kind of prop you could build the team around. It went a bit unnoticed though as we also had Price and Wiki, and much like now our coaching was rubbish and our attacking game was terrible.

Meth

Staff member
yeah in my head I was thinking just warriors for those 2

I’d probably go Sione then.

I was just so disappointed with Mateo. Consistent, he was not. He had game breaking potential, but never
really delivered.

Sione exceeded and thus raised my expectations of him and then waned a bit- but I'll give the nod to him

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
can I kick off the next round?

Same criteria: Gamebreaking ability, endurance, consistency

Feleti Mateo vs Sione Faumuina

Sione by a whisker in all three categories. But not a lot in it as they were similar players undone by motivation/attitude issues. Sione in 2003 though was a weapon

JJ

Immortal
Sione by a whisker in all three categories. But not a lot in it as they were similar players undone by motivation/attitude issues. Sione in 2003 though was a weapon
Yeah two guys that sum up the Warriors imo

Dione just as well, both big talents that didn’t amount to enough tbh

sup42

Juniors
Joe.
Could flatten people both sides of the ball. Had an offload game, when he first switched to prop he would have been the fastest prop in the game (seeing him play center up until the permanent shift, he was fast for a center).

Faumuina for me, Feleti had the skills but was such a liability in defence that I can't pick him.