What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2000-2005 All Star Australia Team...

• Thread starter Deleted member 10972
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 10972

Here's what I'd imagine it would be along the lines of:

1. Darren Lockyer
2. Wendell Sailor
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Matt Sing
6. Brad Fittler
7. Andrew Johns
8. Shane Webcke
9. Danny Buderus
10. Steve Price
11. Gordon Tallis
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Craig Fitzgibbon
15. Craig Wing
16. ?
17. ?

Reserves: Anthony Minichiello, Bryan Fletcher, Luke Bailey, Mark O'Meley, Willie Mason, Willie Tonga, Brent Tate, Petero Civoneciva, Lote Tuqiri, Shaun Berrigan, Luke Priddis (he's better then Cameron Smith), Craig Gower, Trent Barrett

Can y'all help me fill up a 40 man squad & run-on 17?

hazmak

Juniors
Fully Fit Bulldogs 2005 side

swap the kiwi's with the people currently representing Australia in their respective positions...

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Scott Hill should be in there somewhere, never lets the side down when he's in the green and gold.

Luke Priddis? :? after one game.

Gasnier has also played one test, but will definately play more this year.

RABK

Referee
Ok from form between 2000 and 2005, So a player like Matt Gidley who has been sh*t this year i could select because he was absolutely killing it in 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003.

1- Darren Lockyer
2- Timana Tahu
3- Matt Gidley
4- Jamie Lyon
5- Lote Tuqiri
6- Brad Fittler (c)
7- Andrew Johns
8- Shane Webcke
9- Danny Buderus
10- Matt Parsons
11- Gorden Tallis
12- Nathan Hindmarsh
13- Ben Kennedy

14- Petero Civoneceva
15- Craig Fitzgibbon
16- Willie Mason
17- Anthony Minichiello

Very Broncos, Knights and Roosters orientated because they are the only 3 teams who really dominated for any length of time in this era. Since 2003 no team has really been dominant.

RABK

Referee
Geez, i didn't read it correctly.

Though Parsons was a very dominant prop he never played for Aus so i'd pick Shrek instead.

D

Deleted member 10972

Sailor was the best winger in the world from 2000-2002, far better then Tahu ever was (although he was more consistent over the selected period, i admit), so i would probably put Sailor ahead of him, & Gidley has always been overrated man, but then again that spot is up for grabs. Parsons...no...good player...but no. Price & Shrek beat him out. And Mason? Lols hes had ONE good season, and hes WAY overrated. Wing is a far better impact utility.

D

Deleted member 10972

Teams now looking more like:

1. Darren Lockyer
2. Wendell Sailor
3. ???
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Lote Tuqiri
6. Brad Fittler
7. Andrew Johns
8. Shane Webcke
9. Danny Buderus
10. Steve Price
11. Gordon Tallis
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Craig Fitzgibbon
15. Craig Wing
16. Mark O'Meley
17. Willie Mason

RABK

Referee
I'd throw Steve Simpson in there, there is no better defensive forward in the game and he has been near the most consistent forward in the comp in this time frame.

Also look at Nathan Blacklock, what a great player he was.

Clinton Shifoscke even deserves a look in, he's been outstanding in this era.

Ryan Girdler might be the man for that centre spot there. Gidley was not overated in 2000-2003 btw, he stood up every centre in the comp.

Ghoulies

Bench
LeagueFanNumeroUno said:
Sailor was the best winger in the world from 2000-2002, far better then Tahu ever was (although he was more consistent over the selected period, i admit), so i would probably put Sailor ahead of him
If it's from just 2000-2005 Sailor shouldn't be there. He had a stellar 2000, but was very ordinary for the majority of '01.

RABK

Referee
Man oh man did he go out with a bang though, deadset...how good was his second last game against the Dragons. Didn't he make 4 linebreaks and 300 metres?

Ghoulies

Bench
It was incredible.... he ended up with 4 tries; most of 'em long range efforts too.

When it was all over I remember thinking to myself, "Where the f*ck has this been all season!"

tiger_nick

Bench
Red and Blue Knight said:
Gidley was not overated in 2000-2003 btw, he stood up every centre in the comp.

Gidley was made to look like three times the player he ever was due to the people inside him.

Warren Ryan has even said so.

Big Pete

Referee
It was a shame Parsons never made the Aussie side, he was always the forward I worried about most when the Broncos took on the Knights and that's a big compliment to him considering how good the pack was back then.

My team:
1. Darren Lockyer
2. Lote Tuqiri
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Matt Gidley
5. Timana Tahu
6. Brad Fittler
7. Andrew Johns
8. Shane Webcke
9. Danny Buderus
10. Steve Price
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Gorden Tallis
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Petero Civoniceiva
15. Mark O'Meley
16. Craig Fitzgibborn
17. Craig Wing

Gidley got in because of the great combo. he has with Tahu. While Wing got a spot on the bench as I believe he is the best utility the Aussies had. Mason was unlucky not to make the team, however I doubt he'd care. :p

RABK

Referee
Right! Ghoulies, you and me.......in the Lockyer vs Johns thread number 59 right now!

Ghoulies

Bench
Right! Ghoulies, you and me.......in the Lockyer vs Johns thread number 59 right now!
:lol:

With Johns' current form?

Noone can argue their way through that one.

Latest posts