What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2001 legends of league origin game

Sparkles 2001

Juniors
Does anyone remember the 2001 legends of league origin game where Mark McGaw got in a fight with mal Meninga and where I can get a copy of it??

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I cant see any footage floating around on Youtube but I do recall that game and thought that was fight fake for about 3 seconds until McGaw really ripped into him.

The other memories of that game was Steve Folkes' post try celebration and Wally Lewis falling over the try line after he was out of breath and Brett Kenny trying to help him up.

Sparkles 2001

Juniors
Yeh rod wisharts comments at half time were gold, would love to watch the game again.
McGaw was lining people up all game. punching the crap out of mal was the climax

Nuke

Staff member
I was thinking recently that I miss this concept, and the one from the early-mid 1990s where it was a charity thing and there was the odd ring-in from other sports, ect.
They used to be fun games, from what I recall.
I remember one where Dale Shearer ran out with a wig on, which was then put on the football for kickoff.