What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2002 Premiership counts for nothing- So Roosters have won...

really nothing. They needed to win yesterday to prove that they deserved the Premiership in 2002 but now after this loss the 2002 win is by default.

It could not happen to a nicer club losing in such a way. They buy up all the juniors, steal all the players from other clubs and are arrogant. Yet can not win a true Grand Final with all clubs contesting it.

It must be a sick feeling for u Roosters supporters I feel sorry for u lot...............................NOT, Sucked In :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

xwizit

Juniors
jake=stgillaman :lol: :lol: you just cant get easts outta your head :lol: :lol: the roosters are all you think about :lol:

Greenblooded

Juniors
How can you say 02 doesn't count?? Only one club got the boot and they were a squillion dollars over the cap. Far as I'm concerned Roosters were the rightful champs of 2002. This year Dogs are the rightful champs.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Ofcourse the 2002 premiership means something. You can only play against what is put out in front of you.

The bulldogs found to over the salary cap 2 years ago has nothing to do with the roosters. However at least they took their punishment on the chin.

strong_latte

Juniors
Jake the snake said:
really nothing. They needed to win yesterday to prove that they deserved the Premiership in 2002 but now after this loss the 2002 win is by default.

It could not happen to a nicer club losing in such a way. They buy up all the juniors, steal all the players from other clubs and are arrogant. Yet can not win a true Grand Final with all clubs contesting it.

It must be a sick feeling for u Roosters supporters I feel sorry for u lot...............................NOT, Sucked In :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your statement would carry some weight if it wasn't for 2 glaring facts: 1. The dogs cheated and didn't deserve in 2002 and 2. THE ROOSTERS KNOCKED THE BULLDOGS OUT OF THE COMP IN THE 2003 SEMI FINAL DECLARING THE 2002 DOUBTS "CASE CLOSED"!
How do you like them apples!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyway though, congrats to the doggies, you looked like you trying to hand us that game at some points in last nights match, but our boys just kept stuffing up... or rather walker and hodges did.

t-ba

Post Whore
1981, 1982, 1983 & 1986 were won with the Assistance of James Hardie Sponsorship. Therefore, they don't count ;-)

THE ROOSTERS KNOCKED THE BULLDOGS OUT OF THE COMP IN THE 2003 SEMI FINAL DECLARING THE 2002 DOUBTS "CASE CLOSED"!
How do you like them apples!?!?

What's this about apples?

Of course the Roosters' win in 2002 doesnt mean shit. They didnt have to beat the minor premiers. For me it's just as disappointing that the Dogs won this year with a near identical (or better) squad to the one they were trying to rort everyone with, but hey at least they've served their time. Meanwhile I dont give the Roosters much credit for this and last year because I reckon the amount by which they are over the cap dwarfs the amount by which the dogs were over in 2002. (Disclaimer - just my opinion - and the opinion of the majority)

shiznit

Coach
the thing about saying the 2002 premiership doesnt count is that it takes away from the otherside in that Grand Final. im not a warriors fan but as i live in NZ i know all the warriors fans had alot of fun following there side all the way to the grand final. the warriors finished 1st after the round robin. and not to mention they were the ones that ended the bulldogs winning streak. so there was no doubt that they desrved to be one of the finalists. and the roosters won there way to the GF and then beat the warriors. so in that sense i think they were the desrved winners.

Paullyboy

Coach
The Roosters trying to claim a premiership for 2002 is as bad as Newcastle or Brisbane claiming 1997 as a genuine title

JoeD

First Grade
Your statement would carry some weight if it wasn't for 2 glaring facts: 1. The dogs cheated and didn't deserve in 2002 and 2. THE ROOSTERS KNOCKED THE BULLDOGS OUT OF THE COMP IN THE 2003 SEMI FINAL DECLARING THE 2002 DOUBTS "CASE CLOSED"!

Add to that the fact that the Warriors THRASHED the Dogs in the finals in '03 as well.

strong_latte

Juniors
ShireShark said:
THE ROOSTERS KNOCKED THE BULLDOGS OUT OF THE COMP IN THE 2003 SEMI FINAL DECLARING THE 2002 DOUBTS "CASE CLOSED"!
How do you like them apples!?!?

What's this about apples?

Of course the Roosters' win in 2002 doesnt mean sh*t. They didnt have to beat the minor premiers. For me it's just as disappointing that the Dogs won this year with a near identical (or better) squad to the one they were trying to rort everyone with, but hey at least they've served their time. Meanwhile I dont give the Roosters much credit for this and last year because I reckon the amount by which they are over the cap dwarfs the amount by which the dogs were over in 2002. (Disclaimer - just my opinion - and the opinion of the majority)

The opinion of the majority? Do you have any ACTUAL proof?!?!?!? No you don't have a clue! We won the comp in 2002 fair and square! The dogs cheated and got booted out! END OF STORY! Accept it!

melon....

Coach
Jake the snake said:

LOL!!

Go Easts!!

Cammo

Bench
2002 counts just as much as any other year.

Roosters won that year, get over it.

Latest posts