What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2004 NRL Draw

antonius

Coach
Here's the Knights draw http://www.nrl.com/season2004/index.cfm?ViewByTeam=7
First up home game v's the GOOSTERS, what a great first up home game, couldn't be a better challenge than to sit them on their arses first up. 8)

Round 1
12, 13, 14 March
Panthers Knights

Round 2
19, 20, 21 March
Storm Knights

Round 3
26, 27, 28 March
Eels Knights

Round 4
2, 3, 4 April
Dragons Knights

Round 5
9, 10, 11, 12 April
Warriors Knights

Round 6
16, 17, 18 April
Knights Roosters

Round 7
24, 25 April
Raiders Knights

Round 8
30 April, 1, 2 May
Knights Rabbitohs

Round 9
8, 9 May
Knights Bulldogs

Round 10
14, 15, 16 May
Broncos Knights

Round 11
21, 22, 23 May
Knights

Round 12
28, 29, 30 May
Knights Storm

Round 13
4, 5, 6 June
Knights Eels

Round 14

11, 12, 13 June
Cowboys Knights

Round 15
18, 19, 20 June
Roosters Knights

Round 16
25, 26, 27 June
Knights Sea Eagles

Round 17
2, 3, 4 July
Knights Sharks

Round 18
9, 10, 11 July
Knights

Round 19
16, 17, 18 July
Knights Broncos

Round 20
23, 24, 25 July
Knights Cowboys

Round 21
30, 31 July, 1 August
Rabbitohs Knights

Round 22
6, 7, 8 August
Knights Raiders

Round 23
13, 14, 15 August
Sea Eagles Knights

Round 24
20, 21, 22 August
Knights Dragons

Round 25
27, 28, 29 August
Bulldogs Knights

Round 26
3, 4, 5 September
Knights Wests Tigers

Encurly

Juniors
Hmm....
First home game round 6 v Roosters 16/18 April - should be a big one.

Tough first 7 rounds or so - if we're 5/7 at that stage we'll be doing well.

4 home games in a row, split by a bye, rounds 16 to 20.

Byes before origin 1 and after origin 3, so two games without origin players - v Cowboys and Sharks.

astrogirl

First Grade
The teams that we play only once are the Panthers, Warriors, Tigers and the Sharks...

Encurly: Encurly Junior Mk II is gorgeous!

les norton

First Grade
Hmmm Not bad.

How good is that 1st game against penrith gonna be.....I'm actually excited and we've still got 100 days to go!!!!! \\:D/ \\:D/

It looks better than last year's draw at least. The away games will be tough at any time of the year, so getting a heap of them out of the way earlier will help confidence and it is a little insurance if things go awry.

Two games against Souths will also be handy.

keeney

First Grade
mmm souths is good, we only played em the once this year, goosters as first home game ll be great

northey

First Grade
well it seems good....

i am going the the first game as i always go to the knights penrith games at penrith..... huummmmm i went to the panthers first game last season and i am going to their first game this season....
also that week end of footy is the day after my b'da( my b'day is on the 11th)

then i might to to the parra v newi game....
then i will be off to england...
i am not sure but i might be able to go to the knights v souths game ... but i might not b back
then round 20 knights v cowboys.....
then round 26 knights v west tigers

but i might go to more ... i will go to more!!!

can not wait!!!!

Rusty

Juniors
Hey guys has the 2004 NRL Draw been typed up right on the Newcastle Knights website?Because I thought that it was the Roosters V Knights trial game straight up?!

the_knights_rule

First Grade
newie_supporter said:
Hey guys has the 2004 NRL Draw been typed up right on the Newcastle Knights website?Because I thought that it was the Roosters V Knights trial game straight up?!

lol before i came here i went to the knights site and checked out the draw cos i was going to print it out and i was very confused until i realised it was this years draw! :lol:
Ive already planned the games i want to go to and i have a total of 11 knights games, i would love to go to more but thats very unlikely as i live a bit far away, although if it was up to me id make my family move too newie ;-)
now that the draw is out its making me get excited about 2004, its only 100 days to go but before that we still have trial matches adn the world sevens so i hope it goes fast!

antonius

Coach
newie_supporter said:

The Knights are playing the Goosters in a trial in Feb at Nelson Bay. We're going up to the Bay for the weekend to watch the game. 8)

Doctor

Bench
Round 1
12, 13, 14 March
Panthers Knights

This is a Friday Night match, the opening premiership match of the season for the whole competition. It is a sensible move by Ch 9 and the NRL - two large fan bases, away from Newcastle which means that Panthers fans will be out in force after last year's win, and half of Newcastle will be down in Penrith for the match anyway - those not there will watch it on t.v.

The 12th of March does seem a long time away though - I thought the season usually started earlier than that.

keeney

First Grade
does the nrl have some formula aout it, or is it always juts involving the previous premier?, last year was goosters eels if i remember correctly

It has started earlier in previous years with the Olympics and such, but with the Grand Final now in the first week of October it has given a little breathing room for the players.

Good chance that there will be an election on that weekend now too.

antonius

Coach
The comp started on the 14th March last year. It seems a long way off, but once Christmas is over, we go away camping for a couple of weeks, then the trial games start not long after, and before you know it, it's here. The time will fly by Oswin, (still prefer the old tag by the way ;-) )

Doctor

Bench
Providence said:
Are you a Roosters fan Oswin?

[cough! cough!]
Oh, don't do that to me Providence....it makes me feel so unclean [Oswin wipes himself hurriedly], just thinking about the prospect of being one of the Rooster's army of 8 fans gives me the heebie jeebies. :-&

Maybe this question even... Why Chook?

Good question. When I first emerged on the original Knights forum in the late 90s, I found the prospect of airing my views so exciting that I didn't think much about a forum nickname. I was told by mates that I ran like a chook, so they called me chook. I thought it was the closest thing I had to a nickname so I stuck with it for a few weeks. By the time I got sick of it (and realised the complications it had whereby people would ask if I was a Roosters fan) it was too late - people knew me as Chook.

It is only now that I have become so darn sick of it that I changed to Oswin - so your question is valid Providence: Why Chook? I hated it too.

Why Oswin? Well besides the need to change name, I quite like the idea of a pseudonym anyway, and Oswin has a ring to it. You can make all the references to being on the 'other side of the street', 'batting for the other team' and closests, but rest assured I'm not that way inclined - it has a medievil sound to it doesn't it?

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions if it really bugs you that much. :-k

Latest posts