What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2004 Number 1 side

Hoggy

Bench
1. Robbie Ross
2. Fifita Moala
3. Steven Bell
4. Billy Slater
5. Ben MacDougall
6. Matt Geyer
7. Matt Orford
8. Robbie Kearns
9. Cameron Smith
10. Rodney Howe
11. Peter Robinson
12. Stephen Kearney
13. Scott Hill

14. David Kidwell
15. Danny Williams
16. Kirk Reynoldson
17. Alex Chan

Other players thereabouts....

Steve Turner, Ryan Hoffman, Matt King, Andrew McFadden, Dallas Johnson, Glen Turner, Robert Tanielu and Nathan Friend.

I think our problem next year is definitely going to be our wings. Moala is handy but I don't think he is strong enough in defence to play Bellamy's style of defence, and I am not really a fan of Ben McDougall.
I would have Dustin Cooper in there somewhere, and maybe Matt King on a wing. If Steve Turner is as good as the raps on him say then he would have one wing spot.
We have too many centres and not enough wingers

The_Savage_1

Juniors
01 Robbie ROSS
02 Steve TURNER
03 Steven BELL
04 Billy SLATER
05 Ben MACDOUGALL
06 Matt GEYER
07 Matt ORFORD
08 Robbie KEARNS
09 Cameron SMITH
10 Rodney HOWE
11 Peter ROBINSON
12 Stephen KEARNEY
13 Scott HILL

14 David KIDWELL
15 Alex CHAN
16 Kirk REYNOLDSON
17 Andrew MCFADDEN

Stormin Norman

Juniors
Alex Chan? who ppl have got to be kidding me johnson turner and hoffman are all better than him and matt king ahead of macdougall

BlueandGoldDust

Juniors
The_Savage_1 said:
01 Robbie ROSS
02 Steve TURNER
03 Steven BELL
04 Billy SLATER
05 Ben MACDOUGALL
06 Matt GEYER
07 Matt ORFORD
08 Robbie KEARNS
09 Cameron SMITH
10 Rodney HOWE
11 Peter ROBINSON
12 Stephen KEARNEY
13 Scott HILL

14 David KIDWELL
15 Alex CHAN
16 Kirk REYNOLDSON
17 Andrew MCFADDEN

LOL like your bench there mate - all ex parra boys. Dont be suprised to see a guy called Anthony Boyd make it into your team sometime during the season too. He is currently signed to your feeder club, but given the chance he could be one hell of an impact player. He was one of the best in the lower grades at parra over the last few seasons.

Im really hoping that Macca will finally get back on the field and show not only the storm supporters, but more importantly all those who bagged the crap out of him when he was at Parra. Im proud to say i never bagged him and supported him 100%. I just hope he has a season injury free and gets a lot of game time for you guys.

Hoggy

Bench
Stormin Norman said:
Alex Chan? who ppl have got to be kidding me johnson turner and hoffman are all better than him and matt king ahead of macdougall

And apparently those 3 players are replacement props? I'm sure Glen Turner would be a remarkable replacement for Rodney Howe when he goes off after 15 minutes. :roll:

Either King or MacDougall would do the job well enough.

I think there are far too many people underestimating Moala though, he's the clubs number 1 winger now and he has a good try strike rate. (1 in every 2 games)

Stormin Norman

Juniors
u can shuffle the fwd pack around a bit kirk already on the bench and robbo and kidwell could also play front row, chan is a hack. but your right flip a coin between king and macdougall. king will put more bums on seats wit that stupid hard cut and him looking alot like matt stone.

Hoggy said:
1. Robbie Ross
2. Fifita Moala
3. Steven Bell
4. Billy Slater
5. Ben MacDougall
6. Matt Geyer
7. Matt Orford
8. Robbie Kearns
9. Cameron Smith
10. Rodney Howe
11. Peter Robinson
12. Stephen Kearney
13. Scott Hill

14. David Kidwell
15. Danny Williams
16. Kirk Reynoldson
17. Alex Chan

Other players thereabouts....

Steve Turner, Ryan Hoffman, Matt King, Andrew McFadden, Dallas Johnson, Glen Turner, Robert Tanielu and Nathan Friend.

Like it but I'd have Dustin Cooper, Matt King Or Steve Turner on a wing before the others

Anonymous

Juniors
Ben MacDougall is a great buy. He is a perfect back up player.

1. Robbie Ross - Fitness Pending
2. Steve Turner
3. Steve Bell
4. Slats
5. Moala
6. Matty Geyer (c) :D
7. Ox
8. Kearns
9. Cameron Smith
10. The Beard
11. Robo
12. Kearney
13. Scotty Hill

14. Danny Williams
15. Ryno Hoffman
16. Howe
17. Kidwell

18. The rest of the squad to many to name. The best thing is I have left out a lot of top quality players. Quite scary actually.

olympic park

Juniors
1. Ross
2. King
3. Bell
4. Kidwell
5. Slater
6. Geyer
7. Orford
8. Kearns
9. Smith
10. Reynoldson
11. Robinson
12. Kearney
13. Hill

14. Williams
15. Howe
16. Chan
17. McDougall

there's actually still a lot of depth left at the club considering some of the younger ones have left!!!

Thunderstruck said:
Earl said:
15. Ryno Hoffman

Is that his new nickname? :lol: :lol:

And if he is not picked, Drop the R and it'd be Yno Hoffman. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Merry Christmass all

GO Storm !!!!!
yellow.gif

I disagree about Kidwell, I think he is a quality player and one of the best signings the club has made from another club. He is a good ball player and quite skillful for such a big, strong bloke, and deceptively quick IMO. Turner, if he is as good as the raps say, then he is going to be a superstar, but I'd like to see him play and work his way to first grade. McDougall is the one I don't rate!

Anonymous

Juniors
Kidwell is a decent player but I think he is at his best coming of the bench as an impact player ala Danny Williams.

The Whippet

Juniors
Hodgy Signiture says:

Orford is an absolute gun. If the Bears gave him a chance when JT started to go crap in late 1998, they'd still be here today...
- t-ba the hutt 23/12/2003

How is that possible? The club was forced to merge with Manly because the club was bankrupt and was in administration.