What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2004 team

Phillips

Referee
my side:
1. Burt (Vice Captain)
2. Grothe
3. Lyon
4. Vaealiki
5. McKinnon
6. Thorman
7. Witt
8. Cayless (Captain)
9. Morris
10. Cannings
11. Hindmarsh
12. Pritchard or muckert
13. Hopkins

14. Vella
15. Peek
16. Widders
17. Pai

i think we will come 3rd and make the grand final

Stagger eel

Staff member
My team

1 Ashley Graham [depending on his recovery time]
2 Luke Burt
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Davis Vaeliki
5 Matt Peterson
6 Adam Dykes
7 Micheal Witt
8 Corey Pearson
9 John Morris
10 Mick Vella
11 Nathen Cayless
12 Nathen Hindmarsh
13 Daniel Wagon

14 Shane Muspratt
15 Chris Muckett
16 Aaron Cannings
17 Chris Thorman

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Heres My team

1 Luke Burt
2 Eric Grothe/ Ashley Graham
3 Jamie Lyon
4 David Vaeliki
5 Matt Petersen
6 Adam Dykes
7 Michael Witt
8 Nathan Cayless
9 John Morris
10 Michael Vella
11 Nathan Hindmarsh
12 Chris Armit
13 Daniel Wagon

14 Dean Widders
15 Chris Muckett
16 Aaron Cannings
17 Chris Thorman

Some people seem to be forgetting Chris Armit, he had a good start when he first came to first grade, its a shame he got injured, but Im sure he'll be back fit and strong.

Misty Bee

First Grade
The way I see it: (and of course this all depends on nijuries, and the litthe selection trials that brian Smith played throughout the year.

1 Ashley Graham
2 Matt Peterson
3 Jamie Lyon
4 David vaialiki
5 Luke Burt
6 Adam Dykes
7 Michael Witt
8. Michael Vella
9 John Morris
10 Nathan Cayless
11 Nathan Hindmarsh
12 Lee Hopkins
13 Daniel Wagon

14 Shane Muspratt
15. Chris Muckert
16. Aaron Cannings
17 Justin Tsoulos

Graham is the incumbent fullback. Burt has played a fair bit of right wing before - it allows his left boot to be capitalised. He would also make a dynamic partner for Vaialiki. Peterson can move left and team up with Lyon.

Dykes/Witt will be halves. Thorman will spend time in the regggies aclimatising.

the pack will be as usual - and why wouldn't it? Wagon probably should go, but he won't. The rest will fight over the chances that injuries and the bench afford them

Eelectrica

Referee
I think Misty Bee's side will be the closest to the No 1 side. If it is, their are two small changes I'd like to see. One would be swap the positioning of Hopkins and Wagon. The other is replace Tsoulos for Armitt.
Throughout the Season guys like Tsoulos will be handy for the inevitible injuries and Suspensions.
I also hope this Tim Smith I've read so much about on here and the old board gets a shot. I'll predict he is a rookie of the year next season.
Team will finish around 4 or 5th. I think we will finish higher than Canterbury, Newcastle, Brisbane and Melbourne and the 3rd-5th spot will be a tightly fought contest between Canberra, Warriors and Parra.

Chipmunk

Coach
Misty Bee said:
The way I see it: (and of course this all depends on nijuries, and the litthe selection trials that brian Smith played throughout the year.

1 Ashley Graham
2 Matt Peterson
3 Jamie Lyon
4 David vaialiki
5 Luke Burt
6 Adam Dykes
7 Michael Witt
8. Michael Vella
9 John Morris
10 Nathan Cayless
11 Nathan Hindmarsh
12 Lee Hopkins
13 Daniel Wagon

14 Shane Muspratt
15. Chris Muckert
16. Aaron Cannings
17 Justin Tsoulos

Graham is the incumbent fullback. Burt has played a fair bit of right wing before - it allows his left boot to be capitalised. He would also make a dynamic partner for Vaialiki. Peterson can move left and team up with Lyon.

Dykes/Witt will be halves. Thorman will spend time in the regggies aclimatising.

the pack will be as usual - and why wouldn't it? Wagon probably should go, but he won't. The rest will fight over the chances that injuries and the bench afford them

I think you will find that Vaeliki is the left centre and Lyon is the right centre. I would be surprised if Smith swapped them around. From what I recall, Burt has always played left wing when he has played wing, although I think he could play either side.

I would be surprised if Canning and Muckert dont have big seasons for us next year.

MR GEORGE

Juniors
some of you are joking right we bought all these forwards and we are going to have the same forward pack you are kidding.pearson muckert cannings stapelton means vella pull your socks up you too wagon.

bartman

Immortal
My team, and yeah this is dependent upon injuries, and I think they'll ease some others into the mix as the year goes on. But to start the season:

1. Graham
2. Burt
3. Lyon
4. Vaeliki
5. Petersen
6. Dykes
7. Witt
8. Cayless
9. Morris
10. Pearson
11. Hindmarsh
12. up for grabs - Stapleton, Muckert, Muspratt, Tsoulos, Armit, Peek?
13. Hopkins

14. Thorman
15. Cannings
16. Vella
17. Wagon
18. Widders

Not a bad sqaud all round, with some room for injuries...

bartman

Immortal
Cheers Mr G. I think Smith will have to give all these new buys something to play for (eg a spot). They're not going to perform for us if they think/are told they'll just be stuck behind last year's pack.

Forgot to say, I think we're looking at finishing 4th-9th. (Hopefully closer to fourth, but I have to be realistic!) --> that means finish on the table, once we're in the semis, who knows?

Parraren

Bench
The interesting thing about 2004 is that alot of people are generally tipping us to finish well out of the top 8 (see the 2004 thread in the NRL forum). I think this is a good thing for us as we will be out of the spot light early on and won't have too much expectation weighing us down.

There is no doubt we have the nucleus of a champion team in Lyon, Hindmarsh, Witt, Cayless & Morris. We've also got superb young talent coming through in Armit, Tsoulos, Witt (again) & Cannings. The talent is certainly there and hopefully so will be the hunger to achieve something great after the dissapointment of missing the finals this year for the first time in many years.

Anyway here's my side:

1. Burt
2. Grothe
3. Lyon
4. Vaealiki
5. Peterson
6. Dykes
7. Witt
13. Wagon/ Hopkins
12. Cayless
11. Hindmarsh
10. Vella
8. Cannings
9. Morris

14. Muspratt/ Thorman
15. Hopkins
16. Muckert/ Stapleton
17. Pearson

Hard to leave blokes like Widders & Peek out but we need size off the bench. Armit & Tsoulos will also play plenty of first grade but I think they'll start the year in Premiers with Thorman and come into the side with injuries (hopefully not too many!) and suspensions etc. Graham & Prince will be really pushing for a spot in the backline as well so other than Jamie Lyon no one is gauranteed to hold onto a starting spot.

Pazza

First Grade
1.Burt
2.Graham
3.Lyon
4.Vaealiki
5.Grothe
6.Dykes
7.Witt
8.Cayless
9.Morris
10.Cannings
11.Hindmarsh
12.Armit
13.Wagon

14.Hopkins
15.Vella
16.Pearson
17.Widders

Agent Mulder

Bench
If our forwards and Dykes fire without any major injuries we are in for a good showing for 5th i think.

Before dipping out in the Major Semi before the GF yet again :cry:

Latest posts