What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2004 Trial Games

chileman

Coach
Stewbum said:
Thanks Chileman. Can you ask him if Wynnum are playing any other trials when you speak to him?
Sure can Stewbum....I'm talking to him tomorrow and will let you know! gullsfan, they had them on different days but I guess they had fans like you and I say the same thing to them! :D

Harko

Juniors
Ok here are the details for the Comets trials, and these are the definite ones despite certain people ignoring my posts.

Central Comets vs Manly Sea-Eagles on Saturday February 7 at Browne Park, Rockhampton.
Central Comets vs North Queensland Cowboys on Saturday February 14 at Browne Park, Rockhampton.
and Central Comets vs St George-Illawarra Dragons on Saturday February 21 at Browne Park, Rockhampton.

The Comets and Manly will name their squads tonight for the February 7 trial with Manly stating they will name their strongest possible squad. The game will be played in 4 20 minute quarters and the Comets are expected to use all in their 30 man squad.

The Cowboys also stated this past week that they will bring their strongest possible side for their February 14 clash with the Comets.

The following from the Cowboys:
Head Coach of the Toyota Cowboys, Graham Murray, will coach the side and sees this game as a priority as season 2004 comes around.

"We will be sending a strong team to play the Comets and the entire coaching staff will be evaluating the player performances in this game as a yardstick to NRL game one on March 13."

"Its great to be playing this trial game in a city like Rockhampton so as many people as possible have the opportunity to see our players in action."

"Rockhampton has a strong rugby league tradition and support. I am looking forward to the game and the strong hit out it will be." Murray said.

mud n blood

Juniors
I just got off the phone to the Wynnum Seagulls club and they inform me the trial against the sh!t eaters at Langlands is definielt on the Saturday (6/3) and not the Sunday.

Anyone concur ?

chileman

Coach
Stewbum said:
Thanks Chileman. Can you ask him if Wynnum are playing any other trials when you speak to him?
This is from the Sea Eagles website.....
The day kicks off at 3pm with the Wynnum vs Ipswich Colts match. That will be followed by the Wynnum vs Ipswich Reserve grade at 4:15 and then the Premierleague will kick off at 5:30pm with BBQs ect going on all day on the hill! 7:30pm will be the kickoff time for the Manly Sea Eagles vs South Sydney Rabbitohs , the lady did say tickets are selling fairly well and will go pretty quick in the next couple of weeks. For those travelling by train....you can call the club on the number above from the station and they have a courtesy bus that can pick you up for a gold coin donation, but the lady did say that it is within walking distance from the station if the bus is to busy to be booked....and all the cabbies know where the ground is of course. Just in case you don't have it, the address is....
Kougari Oval
92 Wondall Rd
Manly West

dizi

Juniors
That really sh!ts me that people south of the boarder don't know the name of our highest competition. It's not called premier league, it's called the Queensland Cup. Even professional journalists can't get it correct.

chileman

Coach
dizi said:
That really sh!ts me that people south of the boarder don't know the name of our highest competition. It's not called premier league, it's called the Queensland Cup. Even professional journalists can't get it correct.
Actually that was quoted from the lady on the door at the Wynnum Club who is selling the tickets for the match :lol: , and she's a Queenslander :oops:

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Also, "A" Grade not "Reserve" Grade.

Almost every reference to Wynnum by a Sydney Club or scribe refers to it as "Wynnum-Manly" - a club which hasn't existed for thirteen years.

The "Wynnum Seagulls" won a Premiership in 1995 under that title and have been a Queensland Cup participant since its inception.

I'm sure the Sydneysiders don't still refer to Wests Tigers as Balmain or Sydney Roosters as Eastrern Suburbs so the same respect for Queensland clubs would be appreciated.

dizi

Juniors
It's a rematch of last years grand final for the wooden spoon, so who wouldn't want to go. :lol:

chileman

Coach
mud n blood said:
yes it will be pact ..... but I see the funny side :lol:
Are you coming mud n blood.....you can come and stand under the maroon and white banner with us ;-) :p

XXXX Cap

Juniors
I'll be there for the earlier games but it will take a bit of grit and determination to bother staying to watch two teams I don't identify with play.

mud n blood

Juniors
But their "your team" XXXX .... :lol:

Thats my - that's my - that's my teeeeeaaaaaammmmm .......

What a w@nker load of Sydney codswallop that promo is ! :roll:

XXXX Cap

Juniors
"My team" has always been, is and always will be the team from my local area - not a mob from Red Hill or some other city.

It's a question of identity - a tribal thing.