What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2004 update patch released!

Goleel

Juniors
Well, its finally here, the 2004 update patch. Here's what you get:

-Updated 2004 rosters, based on the 25 man rosters named by each club
-Rookies included in the game with accurate stats
-Accurate 2004 draw (with a few surprises)
-Updated stats for every player in the 15 NRL squads, based on the 2003 stat edit patch released in January.

No updated jerseys and likeness are included, but they can be found at the mod listing on my site.

So, for those of you who want this, check out

www.geocities.com/golsrugbyleagueonline/

for all the details.

As usual, feedback, bug reports and general comments are most appreciated.

Esoj

Juniors
good stuff just in time for the new season good work. Must try this out some time soon

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Still got my custom players back in the game with some creative copy and paste. But my major problem is that I customised ESL to fit in with the original patch so a straight copy paste of this patch will get rid of all this. And so a great amount of copy paste will be required.

Tell me Gol - Did you change the stats of all the players in the NRL?

Goleel

Juniors
Not every NRL player, but every player in the rosters has been changed, so about 380 or so of the players in there I edited, plus the select few english guys who are over here now (Thorman, Lennon).

There aren't any really major changes, just balancing out the game a bit more, so you should be able to get by without needing to change the player.db file, just using the new rosters should be enough if that's all you want, because really, I haven't done too much to the stats, just changed the goalkickers, gave the elite players 9 catch, changed some speed ratings and giving the best forwards higher acceleration.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Cool. That is what I did but just wanted to know the extend of the modification. Also does anybody know anything about the ESL - who are the best players etc.

Goleel

Juniors
I'll eventually get around to doing the ESL comp, but the NRL was that much effort and I have a solid knowledge of its players, doing stats for the ESL would be a nightmare. Maybe one club at a time as I watch their games, I could safely cover Bradford, London and Leeds at the moment, but the rest, well, I have no idea.

Not having ESL balance is beginning to annoy me though, so it may happen sooner rather than later.

Paullyboy

Coach
Hey gol, you've got me real confused with this download. Its working great in the game, but when i try to use inertia666's editor it changes the teams.db and players.db file. The thing is it appears as if you didnt use those files, what file is it that has your updated player and team dbs?

[furrycat]

Coach
The custom files are used for new players and the customisations to the teams. Player.db is only used to edit existing NRL players.

Paullyboy

Coach
yeh but what file is gol using to determine the players in each team. Because the players in the team.db file are different from those who are coming up in the game. Because of this you cant really edit the team.db file as it seems that its being bypassed by some other file

Goleel

Juniors
Yeah Furry's got it covered there, custteam is the teams files, custplyr is the new players, team.db and player.db are edited to even out the team stats and player stats. There is definitely a better way of doing this, in that I keep all the editing in the player and team database files and not have to edit the custom files, but with the time I was spending on simple player creation and editing, it wasn't worth the extra week or three it would have taken to get em all in to 2 files.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I am working on ESL but I have no knowledge of the players stats. The way I originally did it was with an excel spreadsheet and some well formulated random variables. Players were divided into position classified by three categories with yes or no by:

Goal Kicker
General Kicker
Important player

Each team had atleast two important players and they were based on my limited knowledge of the competition as well as most of the sides had their captain as one.

Bradford,St Helen's and Wigan had more important players than the rest from memory. Players that play for England were also definates for important players.

What I did with these players is change the variable to move the range up one.

So for example if the range was for normal players 5-8, it became 6-9. With each stat and position there was a range that was partially based on Gol's patch. The wingers were fast and could not tackle well or break tackles but very agile and so on.

I held a knockout comp twice which had 15 NRL teams 5 custom teams and the 12 ESL sides and on the first occasion there were 4 out of 8 in the quarter finals only one in the semis. Then the second time there were 3 out of 4 in the semis.

So I conclude that this has equalled up the competition. However only the first 17 were edited because I have no idea what position these other guys play.

Paullyboy

Coach
Is it possible to edit the game using the gol patch and inertia's editor together? Because everytime i try i keep getting stuffed up with errors and what not when swapping between the custteam.db and custplayer.db files and the team.db and player.db files. for instance all new created players by Gols patch come up as Daniel Abraham in Inertia's editor - its been driving me mad.

Goleel

Juniors
I haven't had any luck yet getting my files working with the editor, but if I remember right there will be support for custom files eventually in the editor? Otherwise they aren't compatible just yet.

Latest posts