What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Off-Contract Raiders Players

Detox

Juniors
The following players are off-contract at the end of 2005, they can all talk with other clubs after June 30.

Out of the following, who do you really want the club to keep and you do you think they can afford to let go for 2006?

Steve Franciscus
Matt Adamson
Steve Fransiscus
Ian Hindmarsh
Adam Mogg
Ryan O'Hara
Clinton Schifcofske
Tyran Smith
Jason Smith

Add any corrections or additions to that list via a reply if needed

Detox

Juniors
Could a administrator or moderator make this topic a "Sticky" I feel as though it may come to some good use during the season, and when the June 30 deadline gets closer.

Thank-You in advance

edabomb

First Grade
O'Hara and Mogg are the only two we need to keep IMO. If Hindmarsh decides to play footy instead of inspecting the grass after every hit up this year he could be worth keeping too. Not sure on Schif, figure we need a more dynamic fullback to have any shot at a title in the near future. He has been good for the club though.

Raider_69

Post Whore
O'Hara, Mogg and Schif are the only ones id be upset to lose

havnt we already resigned moggy?

Detox said:
Could a administrator or moderator make this topic a "Sticky" I feel as though it may come to some good use during the season, and when the June 30 deadline gets closer.

Thank-You in advance

Not needed mate, there is already a sticky in this forum regarding this topic: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/viewtopic.php?t=41896

O'Hara is the #1 priority. If Schif decides to go to England I won't be too upset, as I do think Chalk is more than capable of replacing him, though it would be nice if he could stay. Mogg has already re-signed for a further 2 years after this one. IMO, unless Hindmarsh steps up this year, he should be shown the door.

Boing Boing

Juniors
I don't think there is a better defensive fullback in the NRL than Schif, anyone who thinks he isn't dynamic has yet to see Karmichael Hunt defend.

edabomb

First Grade
Our side was pretty much defence based last season and it got us nowhere. I reckon let Schif move on and use the money to bring J-Lo back. Then hit 2006 with: 1.Chalk 2.Graham 3.Ale 4.J-Lo 5.Frawley 16.Mogg. Mogg off the bench to cover center, wing, fullback and lock.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Edabomb, I believe that Schif was our only saving grace in defence last year. Think how many trysavers he made 1 on 1 and even 2 on 1. Until he started having lower back problems towards teh end of the year, he was also the NRL's best under the High ball in my opinion.

edabomb

First Grade
Well he has untill June 30th to restore my faith in him :) . If he comes out and performs consistently well I'll have no problem admitting my mistake. If he comes out in early 2003 form I'll check myself into a mental institution :lol: .

edabomb of Locksley said:
If he comes out in early 2003 form I'll check myself into a mental institution :lol: .

Did you mean early 2004 form? Because I thought his best form that he showed was early in 2003.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just understood what you meant. :oops:

belindarae

Juniors
I just hope none of them do what Monghan did to us last season, play well until you get a new contract then go to sleep for the remainder of the season.

I'd love to keep O'Hara, Mogg, Schif and Hindmarsh.

Boing Boing

Juniors
belindarae said:
I just hope none of them do what Monghan did to us last season, play well until you get a new contract then go to sleep for the remainder of the season.

I'd love to keep O'Hara, Mogg, Schif and Hindmarsh.

I agree with you entirely belindarae. Monaghan is a snake.

Corbin

Juniors
Matt Adamson YES
Steve Fransiscus YES
Ian Hindmarsh NO
Adam Mogg YES FOR DEPTH
Ryan O'Hara YES
Clinton Schifcofske yes
Tyran Smith YES
Jason Smith YES but as a assin coach

Raider_69

Post Whore
Matt Adamson YES
Steve Fransiscus YES
Ian Hindmarsh NO
Adam Mogg YES FOR DEPTH
Ryan O'Hara YES
Clinton Schifcofske yes
Tyran Smith YES
Jason Smith YES but as a assin coach

shows how much you know about canberra
Adamson - No to old
Fransiscus - If we can but not vital
Hindmarsh - No
Mogg - yes and already done
O'hara - yes
Schifcofske - yes
T.Smith - No, one of our worst players at our club atm
Jason Smith - maybe in a coaching role but no

thickos

First Grade
I believe Fransiscus will be heading home back to Qld after this season. Not guaranteed but he only signed a 1 year extension when everyone else signed 2....

Raider_69

Post Whore
thickos said:
I believe Fransiscus will be heading home back to Qld after this season. Not guaranteed but he only signed a 1 year extension when everyone else signed 2....

yea im of the same opinion
i hope he gets a gig at the cowboys
i think he could really fit in well there

jed

First Grade
Having spoken to him, I think he's planning on heading back to PNG.

Corbin

Juniors
shows how much you know about canberra
Adamson - No to old
Fransiscus - If we can but not vital
Hindmarsh - No
Mogg - yes and already done
O'hara - yes
Schifcofske - yes
T.Smith - No, one of our worst players at our club atm
Jason Smith - maybe in a coaching role but no

ok i disagreed with you on 2 out of the 8 players