What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 AMNRL Schedule

Tomahawk

Staff member
American National Rugby

2006 Schedule

Lincoln Conference
Connecticut Wildcats
Northern Raiders
New York Knights
Boston Wolfhounds
New Haven Warriors

Franklin Conference
Glen Mills Bulls
Philadelphia Fight
New Jersey Sharks
Delaware MantaRays
Washington Slayers
Jacksonville Axeman

Round 1 – Week of May 20th

Raiders @ Wildcats
Knights @ Wolfhounds
Warriors BYE
Fight @ Bulls (Wednesday May 17th)
MantaRays @ Sharks
Axeman @ Slayers

Round 2 – Week of May 27th

Wildcats BYE
Knights @ Warriors
Wolfhounds @ Warriors
Bulls @ Slayers (Wednesday May 24th)
Sharks @ Fight
MantaRays @ Axeman (July 8th)

Round 3 – Week of June 3rd
Raiders BYE
Wildcats @ Wolfhounds
Knights @ Warriors
Fight @ MantaRays
Bulls @ Axeman
Slayers @ Sharks

Round 4 – Week of June 10th
Wildcats @ Warriors
Wolfhounds @ Raiders
Knights BYE
MantaRays @ Bulls (Wednesday June 7th)
Fight @ Slayers
Sharks @ Axeman

Round 5 – Week of June 17th
Knights @ Wildcats
Warriors @ Radiors
Wolfhounds BYE
Sharks @ Bulls (Sea Isle)
Axeman @ Fight
Slayers @ MantaRays

Round 6 – Week of June 24th
Wildcats @ Raiders
Wolfhounds @ Knights
Warriors BYE
Bulls @ Fight
Sharks @ MantaRays
Slayers @ Axeman

Round 7 – Week of July 1st
Warriors BYE
Raiders @ Knights
Warriors @ Wolfhounds
Slayers @ Bulls
Fight @ Sharks
Axeman @ MantaRays

Week of July 8th (OPEN)
ManatRays @ Axeman

Round 8 – Week of July 15th
Wolfhounds @ Wildcats
Warriors @ Knights
Raiders BYE
MantaRays @ Fight
Axeman @ Bulls
Sharks @ Slayers

Round 9 – Week of July 22nd (WAR AT THE SHORE)
Knights BYE (Possibly game against Utah)
Raiders vs. Wolfhounds
Warriors vs. Wildcats
Bulls vs. MantaRays
Fight vs. Axeman
MantaRays vs. Slayers

Round 10 – Week of July 29th

Wildcats @ Knights
Raiders @ Warriors
Wolfhounds BYE
Bulls @ Sharks
Fight @ Axeman
MantaRays @ Slayers

Play-offs – 7 Team – Seeded according to points earned during the season- Lowest seed team always players higher seed.

August 5th
#1 Seed – BYE
#7 @ #2
#6 @ #3
#5 @ #4

August 12th
Lowest Seed Winner @ Top Seed #1
2nd Lowest Seed Winner @ Second Highest Seed Winner

August 19th
Grand Final

Dakink

Bench
Looks like being a good season ahead. Can you give me a little background and info, or link to what the War on the Shore is?

roopy

Referee
Dakink said:
Looks like being a good season ahead. Can you give me a little background and info, or link to what the War on the Shore is?
War on the Shore is when all the teams play at the same venue - which allows the entire AMNRL community to get together for the day.

Play some footy

Juniors
I hope it's not associated with being upset about the new team in CT - from what i hear the Raiders have enough players to field a side.

lloydy

Juniors
heard a coulple of interesting rumors tonight and have some (semi) confirmed news about the northern conference.

The Northern Raiders, who were run by Ben Kelly, had a strong connection with The New Haven union side. Those ties were apparantly broken so a few people in the New Haven area decided to carry on the team but with a new name. Blair Wards and Adam Haman, a couple of Kiwis are now running this team, hence the name Warriors.

It is also rumored that Joel Venebles, ex Wildcat and Raider, has started a team in upstate New York about 80 miles north of New york City and they are now the Northern Raiders.

I also heard Ben Kelly and Marty O'Connel( ex Raiders stars) are going to play for the Wildcats as is Dan Powers when he gets over here. The Knights have apparantly been recruiting very well and may even get Ian Blake to come over for a stint.

Again this is mostly rumor. Whatever happens I think the standard in the AMNRL is going to be better again this season and I think it will continue to be so for years to come

BatiFan

Juniors
Great post llyody. When you speak of the Northern Raiders moving upstate, is that as far up as Buffalo? (not very good on my geography).

lloydy

Juniors
bati,

Buffalo is about 400 miles northwest of NYC, the Raiders I think will be about 80-100 miles north of NYC.

Screech

Juniors
Knights should have the best recruits every year with the amount of resources available to them. In a city that big surely they can get accomadation and work for the full number of quota players. Ian Blake will be good for them, is he still connected to the Broncos?