What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 Cougars team

choc_soldier

Coach
girvie said:
True but are there many people who support the Cougars over the panthers. For example there are some people who support Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs Magpies in Premier League but don't support the Wests Tigers NRL team.

Oh, I get you now. St. Mary's had a team in the Metro Cup (which is now the Jim Beam Cup), and then merged their operations with the Penrith premier league team at the end of 2002 - even though the Cougars played in the Jim Beam Cup in 2003, but did not enter one in 2004 and 2005.

So, yes, there would be people that would support the Cougars over the Panthers, and would be the old St. Mary's supporters. But I did read in the NSWRL forum that St. Mary's are looking at a return to the Jim Beam Cup, but I interpreted it as a stand alone team.

Whether or not that means that St. Mary's will pull out of the Cougars partnership if this occurs remains to be seen, but I wouldn't rule it out.

girvie

Staff member
Thanks Parra_Panther. I think they would still want to be involved in Premier League if they re-entered the Jim Beam Cup.

In 2006 lot will depend on how the new signings go. I'm particularly interested in the centres.

Possible side:
1 Michael Gordon
2 Liam Georgetown
3 Chris Newton
4 Bob Blair
5 Luke Dyer
6 Peter Wallace
7 Wayne Bond
8 David Thompson
9 Paul Aiton
10 Jason Wrigley
11 John Flint
12 Matt Bell
13 David McLean

14 Steve O'Beirne
15 John Nuumaalii
16 Junior Moors
17 Keith Peters

*Sandy*

First Grade
I think so (i have a feeling I have read about him with patrician bros before), not sure though but he's only been a regular in premier the last half of the season and Keith Peters has been playing the No.7. I hope he is kept at No.7 - I have enjoyed watching him play when I've managed to catch the Premiers running around.

Big Mick

Referee
He played in the arrive alive cup final last year...he was Lock and Junior Moors was the second rower.

i still feel he is our ball playing Lock solution, but needs to bulk up a little bit.

Munky

Coach
Big Mick © said:
i still feel he is our ball playing Lock solution, but needs to bulk up a little bit.

He needs to bulk up more than a little bit, he is the smallest player in the team bar Gordon!

Big Mick

Referee
Munky said:
He needs to bulk up more than a little bit, he is the smallest player in the team bar Gordon!

he aint that small.

if he puts on 5-10 kg in muscle he'll be fine.

Latest posts