What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Confirmed Signings

D

Deleted member 10972

I updated the list using Girvie's PL list. Still a bit behind with Bronco's & Cowboys i think. Can i be informed on the contract situations of Brett Oliver & Phil Leuluai?

Tigertread

Juniors
North Queensland Cowboys
GAINS: Jackson Nicolau (Storm), Scott Minto (Brisbane), Jason Smith (Canberra), Joe Clarke (Toowoomba), Colin Wilkie (Brisbane Norths), Ben Farrar (Parramatta), Karl Johnson (Norths), Ben Vaeau (Toowoomba), John Frith (Parramatta)
RE-SIGNED : Brett Anderson, Jamie Frizzo, Scott Smith, Mark Henry, Leigh Coghill, Robert Tanielu, Brett Firman (2007), Mitchell Sargent (2007), Rod Jensen (2008), Matthew Bowen (2008), Steve Southern (2008), David Faiumu (2008), Luke O'Donnell (2007), Brenton Bowen (2007), Johnathan Thurston (2010), Justin Smith (2007), Shane Tronc (2007), Jimmy Andersen (2007), Matthew Scott (2007), Carl Webb (2008), Paul Bowman (2007), Jacob Lillyman (2008), Aaron Payne (2008), Neil Sweeney (2007), Ray Cashmere (2007)
LOSSES : Matt Sing (Hull), Gavin Cooper (Titans), Clint Amos (Titans), Josh Hannay (Sharks), Brent McConnell (Broncos)

Disco

Bench
LeagueFanNumeroUno said:
Earlier in this thread there was confirmation that Bryant had turned down the offer set forth by Manly. It was in the Manly Times. He is trying his worth with other clubs. Still some quality players off contract, but the list is beginning to twindle.

Bryant makes his mark with Manly
Jason Avedissian
23Aug06
IMPROVING Manly prop Mark Bryant has firmly established himself as a regular NRL forward after signing a two-year contract with the Sea Eagles.

He joined the club in November 2004 and has only ever played on one-year deals at the Sea Eagles.
But after making his first grade debut in round nine last year, Bryant has cemented a spot in Manly's competitive pack as they look to tame the Bulldogs at Brookvale Oval on Friday night.
``My wife and I are really happy to be here for the next two years,'' Bryant said yesterday.
``It's an exciting time at Manly and I'm glad to be a part of it.
``Rep footy is a goal but my first priority is to play good footy for Manly.''
Bryant's signature ended an eight-week negotiation period between Bryant, his manager Jim Banaghan and the club.
Banaghan rejected Manly's original offer before further negotiations ended last week, with the 25-year-old finally agreeing to terms.
``It took a little longer than I expected but I'm glad it's done,'' Bryant said.
``I was always confident I would re-sign here and never looked at other options.''
Bryant said the Bulldogs would present a difficult obstacle despite being hit by injury and a two-match suspension handed down to Willie Mason.
Yesterday Mason was banned until the end of the regular season following a careless high tackle charge from the Bulldogs' 30-0 loss to the Broncos last Friday night.
Mason's absence comes on top of the Bulldogs losing Kiwi international Roy Asotasi and centre Willie Tonga, both to knee injuries.
The Bulldogs also have injury concerns over Nate Myles (leg) and Sonny Bill Williams (knee).
``The Dogs have got a lot of depth and will come out and try to blow us off the park,'' Bryant said. ``Our season is going to hinge on the last two games.''
Myles said he is hopeful of playing on Friday night and is keen to turn around the Bulldogs' round seven 40-14 thrashing against Manly. ``We owe them for earlier in the year,'' the Queenslander said.
Steve Folkes last night named both Williams and Myles in the starting line-up.

Booyah said:
Frank Winterstein (Roosters) ---> Bulldogs for 2 years.

Source: His Mouth.

is he the player in jersey flegg that plays with his socks down and looks like craig salvatori??

It will be interesting to see how some dogs fans take to him as one would suggest his surname wouldn;t be the flavour of the month out bulldog way if you know what i mean :sarcasm:

lugsy

Juniors
marshall stalin said:
is he the player in jersey flegg that plays with his socks down and looks like craig salvatori??

It will be interesting to see how some dogs fans take to him as one would suggest his surname wouldn;t be the flavour of the month out bulldog way if you know what i mean :sarcasm:
No that's not Frank Winterstein.
I think you are describing Jason Allwood,who plays either front or second row.
Frank Winterstein is a tall fellow of islander/nz extraction who plays second row.

D

Deleted member 10972

Jason Allwood is the big unit who is the Salvo lookalike, another one of our supremly talented forwards off contract & on their way out, along with losses from recent years forwards stocks like:

Frank Winterstein
Charlie Tonga (the guy may be unfit & have butterfingers but he can hit the ball up with the best of them)
Richard Fa'aoso (carving it up in ESL)
George Rose
Ben Hannant
Peter Cusack
Mark Leafa
Jason Cayless
Michael Crocker
Ned Catic (wasn't that good but he gave depth)
Andrew Lomu
Bryan Fletcher
Michael Korkidas (same as Tonga, & is wreaking havoc in ESL)
David Kidwell
Mark Minichiello
Dean Widders
Todd Payten
Peewee Moke
Kererua Savage
Tevita Metuisela
Chad Robinson
Ian Henderson (carving up in ESL)
Stuart Webb
Kylie Leuluai

More of our talented young forwards, like Allwood, hard hitting backrower Michael Burns, skillful backrower Daniel Dumas, man mountain Lafi Manua, solid forward Glenn Hall, & crafty hookers John Doyle & Luke Gordon are all off contract still for this year.

Shows how poor Roosters player management is. Release a huge amount of forward depth & buy an excess of locks & lightweight utilities.

D

Deleted member 10972

Alot of people say the cap, but if Roosters had enough money to buy Anasta, Harrison, Finch, Monaghan...all players we didn't need at the time because we DIDN'T have faith in our youth, we wouldn't be in the predicament we are in now. Now we have two great young halves in Soward & Lewis, two excellent locks in Harrison & Flannery, & a mediocre lock/5-8 in Anasta, but because of Anasta's worth, he will either force one of the young halves into PL in he plays at 5-8, or force Flannery or Harrison either into the backrow or onto the bench together if he plays at lock, severly weakening the already size-lacking pack we have. Losing our most consistently incisive backs in Hegarty, Hodges & Cross, along with Minichiello's injury, leaves Amos Roberts alone.

>zuzu<

Juniors
Man i was dissapointed in seeing Fa'aoso leave. He was a real prospect. Him and Morely would of absolutely punished teams this year if they had the chance. Very unfortunate to see the youngest go...

D

Deleted member 10972

i'm surprised that, being a Roosters supporter, i havn't copped an absolute pasting already. But yes, i think Ricky releasing Rose, Hannant, Cayless, Fa'aoso, Morley, Catic, Winterstein, Crocker, Tonga, young Jack Rampling, & possibly now Manua, Hall & Dumas over the last 2 years has been the worst loss of props.

Kiwi

First Grade
LeagueFanNumeroUno said:
i'm surprised that, being a Roosters supporter, i havn't copped an absolute pasting already. But yes, i think Ricky releasing Rose, Hannant, Cayless, Fa'aoso, Morley, Catic, Winterstein, Crocker, Tonga, young Jack Rampling, & possibly now Manua, Hall & Dumas over the last 2 years has been the worst loss of props.

No offence, and this isn't a dig or the pasting you expected, but a team can't expect imports to stick around when they get limited game time, and/or a better offer comes along.

ozzie

Bench
Kiwi said:
No offence, and this isn't a dig or the pasting you expected, but a team can't expect imports to stick around when they get limited game time, and/or a better offer comes along.

only one I would have kept is winterstein - the rest are average of the current lot of loses. Much as we would like to - we can't keep them all and look at where some of them finished up Britian. No club can match their offers when they set their mind on an offer. Havew a look at our current playing list - it is young and full of potential - I'm looking forward to the next couple of years. And don't forget something called a salary cap

Kiwi

First Grade
ozzie said:
only one I would have kept is winterstein - the rest are average of the current lot of loses. Much as we would like to - we can't keep them all and look at where some of them finished up Britian. No club can match their offers when they set their mind on an offer. Havew a look at our current playing list - it is young and full of potential - I'm looking forward to the next couple of years. And don't forget something called a salary cap

Like I said I'm not having a dig, and yes they do have some great young players coming through, and yes there is the cap and you can't keep them all. In saying all that though, the players that are real juniors for clubs seem to be the ones that stick around or return arfter leaving, it is alot harder to get imports to stay because money has alot to do with why they are there. How many of that big list were Rooster Juniors?

Latest posts