What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008/09 Champions League

shiznit

Coach
Since there isn't a thread for the uefa cup, i'll post here. Really enjoyed the Hamburg vs Bremen game, great advert for German football. I though the 2nd leg was better than any of the champions league semi finals matches. The icing on the cake really was when Rost went down with a shout for a penalty in Bremen's box right at the end of the game, couldn't ask for anymore. Diego' somehow being yellow carded for being shoved in the chest was joke, can't believe he's not going to be in the Final.
mate... ive seen some Bundesliga highlights on ESPN... that league is insane. the most competitive league going around.

You need to get yourself Setanta and watch it every week, man. It is a good league to watch.

It's a crime that Setanta puts the damn SPL religiously every week, though, cutting back on their Bundesliga highlights. :x

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Sultana are in a bit of financial poo and may not last much longer

Tekken Lord

Juniors
Very impressed by the germans, perhaps i should watch the bundesliga. Diego and Ollic both seem like quality players that would do well in at bigger clubs.

Bumble

First Grade
Yeah a 1-0 loss in the away leg of the play-offs when we've been awesome at home

I'm worried.

Bulldog Force

Referee
19 hours to go
nailbiting.gif

Jason Maher

Immortal
Well done Barca. Thoroughly outplayed us and got hte result they deserved. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what Sir Alex's intention was. The only thing I know is it wasn't to send Manchester United out to play the football Manchester United usually play. Not that it would have mattered, I'm thinking. Once Barca got their first goal, they relaxed and kicked into gear, and we couldn't respond. Might have been different had the rebound from the early Ronaldo free kick fallen differently, but you don't get too far with "might haves" and "should haves".

Again, congratulations to Braca, deserved Champions of Europe.