What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
A thread to keep watch over the crowds for the year. Will be continuously updated after each round.

Timmah

Staff member
2008 NRL TRIAL MATCHES

26 Jan
SOU v LDS - Jacksonville, Florida USA Approx 12,000

9 Feb
BRI v COM - Theodore QLD no figure

15 Feb
MEL v MAN - Central Coast NSW no figure
WAR v NWC - Albany NZ Approx 9,000
SYD v CRL 1/2 - Port Macquarie, NSW no figure

16 Feb
GCO v CAN - Ipswich QLD Approx 8,000
NQL v BRI - Rockhampton QLD no figure

22 Feb
PEN v PAR - Lavington NSW Approx 8,000
MEL v HAL - Shay Stadium, UK 4,053

23 Feb
STG v BUL - Wollongong NSW 8,172
CAN v BRI - Orange NSW Approx 8,500
CRO v SOU - Central Coast NSW 6,056
NQL v GCO - Cairns QLD Approx 10,000+
SYD v WST - SFS 15,197
BRI v WYM - Wynnum QLD no figure

29 Feb
MAN v WAR - Sunshine Coast QLD 8,040
MEL v LDS - Elland Road, Leeds U.K. 33,204

1 Mar
NQL v CAN - Mackay QLD no figure
NWC v CRO - Cessnock NSW no figure
STG v SOU - ANZ 25,127
GCO v WST - Skilled Park approx 14,900
RCF v BRI - Redcliffe QLD approx 8,000
SYD v PAR - Central Coast NSW 8,143

2 Mar
BUL v PEN - ANZ no figure

nqboy

First Grade
12000+ in Cairns when they shut the gates (the ground's being redeveloped, reducing the capacity).

The night before they got 6000 to Cazaly's for Richmond (I think) v Melbourne (I think) when they were hoping for 10000.

mattyg

Bench
International RL said:
Anyone think that in the centenary year we can break 20k for the season average?

don't think so, with at least half the grounds in the NRL having less than 20k seats basically...and the weather this year appears to be more rainy than previous years. I think 18k is definately achievable though.

brooksy19

Bench
I reckon we can top the 20K average. Tigers, Dogs, Saints, a resurgent Souths all playing out of Homebush, while Parra seems to be in for a big year, should be getting 20k to most games. Just need Brissy, Gold Coast, Cowboys and Newcastle to have resonable seasons.

JW

Coach
Realistically 20,000 is way too big a jump from 15,500 or so in the season prior. It would be extremely unlikley and would require just about all of the lesser drawing sides who sit around the 10-13K mark to lift their averages significantly, given there are a mere handful of teams who average over 20K as it is.

In my opinion setting a new all-time attendence record and cracking 17,000 for the first time would be an excellent achievement for NRL.

I think it's possible to give 20k a nudge with big derbys at Telstra (ANZ) and Suncorp. The gold coast's new stadium should help.

I think we were on our way to a big total last year before that ridiculous rain.

Timmah

Staff member
Hate to say it but the rain this year is likely to be the same if not worse :(

eels_fan_01

Bench
International RL said:

:lol::lol:

As someone said, the new Gold Coast stadium will help alot.

20,000 thousand is pushing it, i reckon an average of 18 thousand is realistic and really if we had any loyalty in the game (including all teams) we would have a 20 thousand average but unfortnately no one wants to watch losers play.

Timmah

Staff member
A few new figures from overnight trials.... anyone got more?

Status
Not open for further replies.