What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice777

Bench
13,335 @ Olympic

Good crowd - one of the biggest there this year.

Yep it was our 3rd biggest on what was the worst night i reckon we've had for a while. It was pissing down for a good half of the game and was freezing all night so all things considered i was very happy with that number.

Brutus

Referee
pathetic crowd from Brisbane.

Huge rivalry. Wendell Sailor playing against his old club. Bennett against his new one. Brown looking to continue his run against Wayne. Broncos looking to go 1 point outside top four.

A sell out was a must.

Again the Brisbane fans have proved that they are nothing but a blight on the game of rugby league.

Axe brisbane teams now!!!

Play the game on a Sunday and you've got 40-45k easy.

I reckon they should replace the Broncos with the Crushers then all our problems would be solved

i too was expecting close to 40k for this match

Sunday arvos are the best for footy

i think that since all this doom about sydney clubs came about, the broncos have suffered a hit in crowds.

if things were all hunky dory, we would have got 40k friday night.

it seems we would not need ideal conditions.

plus there is lots on atm....ekka show, olympics for two.

ByRd

First Grade
Oh excuses excuses, pathetic crowd from brisbane, should of gotten much more considering the circumstances.

ByRd

First Grade
really, 33k for a one team town against a team that has great support up there and a top 8 battle in a crucial game of the season deserved at least 40k, Sailor coming back to brisbane, Wayne against his future club , disappointing figure.

DINGb@T

Juniors
Play the game on a Sunday and you've got 40-45k easy.

I reckon they should replace the Broncos with the Crushers then all our problems would be solved

I think you guys are being a little optimistic there. Only once in the last 6 years has Broncos/Dragons pulled more than 35,000 and that was 2005 (they got 48,995 for the record). Apart from that result 33,000 is par for the course for this match.

See....

Broncos.gif

It was the 5th best crowd of the season to date so I think everyone is getting a bit ahead of themselves with their expectations if they dont like the result.

Eels Dude

Coach
Yep it was our 3rd biggest on what was the worst night i reckon we've had for a while. It was pissing down for a good half of the game and was freezing all night so all things considered i was very happy with that number.

Solid numbers for the game. I'd like to think with some more media attention from the papers and Channel 9, the Storm should be getting close to 20,000 for every home game. Any other club would be if they were going as well as the Storm are.

Eels Dude

Coach
I think you guys are being a little optimistic there. Only once in the last 6 years has Broncos/Dragons pulled more than 35,000 and that was 2005 (they got 48,995 for the record). Apart from that result 33,000 is par for the course for this match.

It was the 5th best crowd of the season to date so I think everyone is getting a bit ahead of themselves with their expectations if they dont like the result.

Nice information. Figures against the Eels surprise me a little, I thought we had a fair amount of support up there. Eels vs Broncos are normally blockbusters but we seem to be the only club unable to break 30k though.

t-ba

Post Whore
What I like about that graph is that the Broncos have drawn nowhere near 20k all season. It shows that their core support base is growing season on season. If RL can get the hype machine going again like in 2005, they'll pull monster crowds.

DINGb@T

Juniors
I dont have the time at the moment but if you guys want to see your teams graph just post a reply and I can post it up tonight.

You'd probably be surprised by a lot of the results- judging by a lot of the talk on this thread some people's opinion of various teams are a fair way off the mark. It's only until you see it all graphed out that you get a clear picture.

I'll also post the round by round crowd average graph as well cause I havent posted it for a few weeks. Not looking that good I'm afraid...

Eels Dude

Coach
I dont have the time at the moment but if you guys want to see your teams graph just post a reply and I can post it up tonight.

You'd probably be surprised by a lot of the results- judging by a lot of the talk on this thread some people's opinion of various teams are a fair way off the mark. It's only until you see it all graphed out that you get a clear picture.

I'll also post the round by round crowd average graph as well cause I havent posted it for a few weeks. Not looking that good I'm afraid...

Would be very interested to see the Eels as well as other club's graphs when you have the time thanks Dingb@t.

Because the Broncos play heaps of home games in Homebush tool.

The Bulldogs, Tigers and Bunnies have all managed their best season averages at ANZ as well...

the only way sydney clubs can break 30,000 is at homebush.

the clubs youve mentioned - i believe, can all break that figure within time.

souths are averaging 15,000 in a dud season.

if they win the comp. theyll crack 20,0000 easy. the dogs too have had a terrible season and the crowds are good.

when they rebuild their team, from next year and on, 20,000 will be easy for them.

ANZ for certain clubs is a perfectly fine ground

ByRd

First Grade
While i dont like all our home games being there and would like to see us return to Belmore for 3-4 games a year, ANZ has provided us with a solid base and our crowd average has been going along aliright, its a bit down this year but nothing to terrible.

Since we moved to ANZ fulltime in 2003, our averages have been:

2003: 21,190 (included double header)
2004: 18, 032 (included double header)
2005: 18, 286
2006: 18, 041
2007: 16, 488
2008: 14, 898

Gone down in the last couple of years but they have been shockers, on and off the field, hopefully 2009 we can be back on top and the off field drama is behind us and we can build up again.

ANZ works and should be used but not on a full time basis, 4-5 of the teams bigger home games should be there and the rest at other grounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts