What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Higher School Certificate

Hallatia

Referee
last night the HSC time table came out, (I would post it, but it is a pdf) I can finally see the end, but it is daunting, what did everybody else doing the HSC think of the schedule?
I was hoping to have a free month before fizzix instead, I have a weekend, on the Friday extension one eaxam, but otherwise it was alright, went: Friday 19(English common paper), Monday 22(english advanced paper), Friday 26(maths), Monday 29(Society and Culture), Friday 2(Extension One English), Monday 5(fizzix), Thurday 8(Information Technology), there is no extension two exam

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Just remember the result are NOT the be all and end all.

Please tell me what do they teach in IT.

God-King Dean

Immortal
If you don't go well, that's the end of your career as anything.

This is it, your whole future right here.

You f*ck this up, you f*ck up your whole life.

Good luck.

Hallatia

Referee
a lot of IT is social, I will tell you the names of all the competencies, the HSC ones
I think completng HSC IT counts as a certificate 2 in IT

Using Commercial Computing
Access the Internet (that one was just too easy, that is for the stupid people)
Maintain Equipment and Consumables
Maintain Systems Integrity
Install Software Applications
Maintain Equipment/Software
Identify Components of Multimedia
Oral and Written Communication
Database Operations

Hallatia

Referee
Immortal said:

Good luck.
thankyou Immortal, you should give those motivational speeches:roll:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Locky_Jr said:
a lot of IT is social, I will tell you the names of all the competencies, the HSC ones
I think completng HSC IT counts as a certificate 2 in IT

Using Commercial Computing
Access the Internet (that one was just too easy, that is for the stupid people)
Maintain Equipment and Consumables
Maintain Systems Integrity
Install Software Applications
Maintain Equipment/Software
Identify Components of Multimedia
Oral and Written Communication
Database Operations
Thankyou.

Red Bear

Referee
Immortal said:

Good luck.
They should play God Save the queen by the Sex Pistols as we enter the exam room, specifically the "No Future for you" Section:)

I have the two english exams, chem on the 24th, maths on the 29th, extension maths is 31st i think, extension english on the 2nd then Physics on the 5th. Then we are walking to the North Gong hotel for a few drinks:)

Day after i finish is Melbourne Cup day so we are all going to go to kembla Grange and put bets on all day:) Should be sick

Hallatia

Referee
God help you Redbear, you do all hard subjects, not one of them will be like just turn up, except fo the common paper ofcourse

Stranger

Coach
Immortal said:

Good luck.

f**king oath.

I have a mate who got a Star, and well lets just say hes f**ked.

Seriously, f**k this up and you will be washing cars for the rest of your life.

Dani

Immortal
I f**ked up in year 12, badly. Didn't get the score i needed for the only uni course i wanted to do.
Was unemployed for the good part of 9 months, now i work in a job i don't like 90% of the time for next to nothing per hour.

Yeah, regret.

Bumble

First Grade
English on Friday and Monday, Business on Tuesday, Modern on Thursday and General Maths on the Friday.

Ext English the following Friday.

Legal the Thursday after. No Extension 2 exam.

Less than 6 months to go!!!!

Best case: Journalism at UTS (95)

Worst case: Media at UNSW (82)

Hallatia

Referee
Bumble said:
English on Friday and Monday, Business on Tuesday, Modern on Thursday and General Maths on the Friday.

Ext English the following Friday.

Legal the Thursday after. No Extension 2 exam.

Less than 6 months to go!!!!

Best case: Journalism at UTS (95)

Worst case: Media at UNSW (82)
4 exams in the one week, sh*t!!!

best case for me is media and communications in Sydney (98), you should look into that one, the course is amazing, it pretty much guarantees you a job in the industry and you can get in on flexible entry

Stranger

Coach
A star is when you get less than 30 UAI. They don't actually give you a uai cause its that sh*t.

Stonecutter

First Grade
I've got the HSC next year. I'm doing Adv Maths, Adv English, Chemistry, Biology, and I'm not sure which one to drop; Geography or Modern History.

Hallatia

Referee
Modern History is better for your UAI, it is one of those subjects whre if you get above the average it will boost your UAI by a few points

Hallatia

Referee
but isn't Modern History far more difficult? I have heard that the three hardest subjects are Physics, Modern and Advanced English, so each of them will give you bonus UAI points for beating the average (I do two of them)

Stonecutter

First Grade
So far it isn't. We've done the French Revolution and Russian Revolution so far which havn't been too difficult. TBH it has been a real bludge so far this year but maybe they up the ante next year. I'll see how I go this year and probably make a decision based on marks.