What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Higher School Certificate

TooheysNew

Coach
Locky_Jr said:
I guess that depends on whether you have a teacher or not, I do it through correspondence and whilst most of the course work is really easy, there are somethings which would be better with someone teaching you and the assessment tasks are so stupid, they expect you to have access to all sorts of crazy things,
If you struggle with IT you really are screwed.

Hallatia

Referee
I do 12 units, so I can get away with bombing two of them, but that is reserved for fizzix, I do quite well in IT, I am currently looking at about 93 for the subject, I just do not submit my work a lot of the time

Hallatia

Referee
I know, but I do not have a teacher and I do not submit work when I am supposed to, I managed to get a warning letter for the subject, I should get 95+ for everything else other than fizzix, so it balances out

Raider_69

Post Whore
i did IPT and IT, both extremely basic and as dilmah said, anyone with any experience on computers could do well in it, i also did Multimedia which was even easier :lol:

with no study i got mid 80's for IPT and 90 odd for IT, i cant recall exact marks as i didnt care for them, hence the no study, with any study 95+ is easily attainable

I did Multimedia because my school didnt get enough people to run a SDD course, i was spewin

Raider_69

Post Whore
IPT and IT are terrible courses for scaling btw
Multimedia is too, thats why i dropped it after yr 11...

Hallatia

Referee
fizzix is awesome for scaling, so if I can get a high band 5 in fizzix, it would beat any mark in IT, and it adds points to the UAI, Advanced english also excellent for scaling and scaling is real, for anybody doing the HSC, try the student assessment modular, I will post a link in a sec

TooheysNew

Coach
I didn't do my option topic question on my IPT Exam. Was out the night before so I was tired. Slept instead.

Bazal

Post Whore
I love the HSC system, I wish I did that in year 12 and not the ridiculous ACT system...HSC is way easier to get decent grades (although they have, to an extent, fixed the ACT system)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Dilmah said:
I didn't do my option topic question on my IPT Exam. Was out the night before so I was tired. Slept instead.

:lol: nice
i went into IT hung over and maybe even slightly still drunk, big night that one
most of my mates had finished their HSC the day before, with IT being the last exam, i decided id risk it for the after exam party... worth it imo

Red Bear

Referee
Well i wish i'd picked my subjects better in year 11, and picked legal studies. Business studies was gay so i dropped it, got stuck with both extensions. Would've preferred to done legal then dropped extention english and had extention maths as the extra unit so i could keep it but not worry about it if it got too sh*t

I feel like i would really like to do something medical, either medicine, optometry or physio, but doubt i'd get in straight away (specially as i'm not doing UMAT ha) so am looking at doing Science/Arts at UNSW, which is about 80 to get into, which i feel i can achieve if i start working (actually i'm sure i could do alot better than that if i'd been working all along, what with the whole selective school thing).

I absolutely suck at maths exams tho, even when i can work though stuff i just hate the actual exams. English is ok at the moment but i really got to work alot harder, spend les tiem playing fifa and on the net ha. Not cutting down any of the fun drinking tho lol

Hallatia

Referee
good on you, a career that benifits society and UNSW is the top uni in Australia and ranked number 8 in the world, but the recent issues with their anatomy department leeave a lot to be desired

English is a far better subject than maths, I did 2 unit maths last year and it was just evil, in the exams I would be done 15 minutes because I could not do half the questions and I knew it, I ended up getting 24% in the final prelim exam, I moved to general and get 100%s everywhere, in conclusion maths causes cancer

why would you do extension maths? unless you love the subject and ace it

Eelementary

Post Whore
I've met plenty of UNSW students...Graduate students of medicine...And let me tell you...They're as stupid as Eric Grothe is safe...

Hallatia

Referee
the character in my extension 2 major work is a super hero and saves many lives
and I am sure those studying medicine in english speaking countries have text books written in english, therefore English does save lives

Eelementary

Post Whore
Silly me - I always thought it was the mathematics behind chemistry and physics that made it so important...:?

Hallatia

Referee
yes but it is the english which makes you and I understand it, well you because I clearly still do not understand it:lol: