What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Higher School Certificate

Apey

Staff member
I haven't done ANY study, for any subject. A lot of the motivation I had to do well has been gone since the trials.

I am pretty much screwed :lol:

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Just remember, if you get less than 85, your life is over.

and if you're not getting one?

:p

I haven't done ANY study, for any subject. A lot of the motivation I had to do well has been gone since the trials.

I am pretty much screwed :lol:

my motivation has was lost since the trials too, i was a soul-less for a while (i probably still am now)

but i had to pick myself up cause i did sh*t in english as usual and i want to do good in it for once - 31% or something like that :shock:. at work im doing study when there is f**k all to do cause im desperate to do well (hopefully get an average of around 60%)

good luck mate :)

Apey

Staff member
I've been doing a fair bit of work during the year. I reckon once I get into it I'll be right; I'll start remembering stuff.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
I haven't done much study either besides for English, anyone else have two exams on one day?

NK Arsenal

Juniors
I haven't done much study either besides for English, anyone else have two exams on one day?

Nope, thank god for that.

I'm starting to sh*t myself a bit though cause I have English on Fri & Mon and won't be able to study enough for Maths on Thurs..:(

Vossy

Bench
im of the belief, i couldnt give a f**k , not the end of the world, only need it if you want to be a bloody doctor or lawyer etc

not stressing at all, compared to others, i hate school and still do..im doing well with my current job (pool lifeguard and other stuff) and will go from there

bill gates didnt finish school look where he is
richard branson didnt finish school, look where he is
etc etc etc

NK Arsenal

Juniors
I got early entry in mechatronic engineering!!
Pretty stoked.

Congrats mate.

im of the belief, i couldnt give a f**k , not the end of the world, only need it if you want to be a bloody doctor or lawyer etc

not stressing at all, compared to others, i hate school and still do..im doing well with my current job (pool lifeguard and other stuff) and will go from there

etc etc etc
There is no need to have a negative attitude about it though.

You're only here once so you may as well give it your best shot..

Apey

Staff member
I haven't given it my best shot haha, I'm getting into the groove a bit now though. :crazy:

BWNB

First Grade

etc etc etc

Yes but times have changed mate.

Chook Norris

First Grade
How many hours study did you guys do in the holidays?

my brother did about 6 hours a day

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
I haven't done 6 hours cumulative yet. :lol:

Studying hours on end doesn't necessarily help - I can't imagine it would be good for stress levels. I hope he's relaxing. It's more about how and what you study that will benefit you or not. I hope for his sake that he does pretty damn well in the HSC since he is dedicating that much time to studying.

There are people at my school who have been bragging about their study hours, but it will be the same case as it has been all year I reckon - I'll do minimal study, study that counts, and I'll still kick their ass.

Anyway, what did I do in my holidays? I had fun, and now I'm doing a few hours of revision to get in the groove, feeling pretty confident too.

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
Just cram for like the week before lol

Its in 2 days now (If you're being pedantic and saying it's now the 15th) so bit later for that... but honestly, cramming the week before works a hell of a lot better than consistent study for me.