What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Higher School Certificate

NK Arsenal

Juniors
For people who have done the hsc, are the trials generally easier, harder or of similar difficulty as the actual hsc

I haven't given it my best shot haha, I'm getting into the groove a bit now though. :crazy:

What a load of BS - you come first in just about every exam ffs :lol:

How many hours study did you guys do in the holidays?

my brother did about 6 hours a day

what the f**k? :lol:

how could you do that much ffs?

Studying hours on end doesn't necessarily help - I can't imagine it would be good for stress levels. I hope he's relaxing. It's more about how and what you study that will benefit you or not. I hope for his sake that he does pretty damn well in the HSC since he is dedicating that much time to studying.

There are people at my school who have been bragging about their study hours, but it will be the same case as it has been all year I reckon - I'll do minimal study, study that counts, and I'll still kick their ass.

Anyway, what did I do in my holidays? I had fun, and now I'm doing a few hours of revision to get in the groove, feeling pretty confident too.

Yeah studying is very stressful, especially english - a total farce of a subject. I can't sit down and study and not look at the clock every 2 minutes lol

The holidays was f**king great, hanged out with mates most of the time, and had great times (including losing my phone at the beach lol - got it back though) relaxed and did small amounts of study.

Its in 2 days now (If you're being pedantic and saying it's now the 15th) so bit later for that... but honestly, cramming the week before works a hell of a lot better than consistent study for me.

I've decided to take a start of slow and build up approach this time.

In the trials, I had my 5 exams in the first 4 days so I had no time to study so I had to cram. That was the hardest thing I've ever done.

Got Business Studies tomorrow. Can't wait to finish that s**t off.

I'm under the belief "You f**k up in school you f**k up in life, and that's f**ked."

Vossy

Bench
Got Business Studies tomorrow. Can't wait to finish that s**t off.

I'm under the belief "You f**k up in school you f**k up in life, and that's f**ked."

only if you want to go to uni ;-) good luck in business studies, i have it to..

just as long as you get the piece of paper that says you have your HSC, better then not having it

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Good Luck to all doing Business, IT and Languages tomorrow...then everyone in the state doing the English paper

strewth_mate

Bench
For people who have done the hsc, are the trials generally easier, harder or of similar difficulty as the actual hsc

Found the trials harder, actually.

Oh I love HSC time. Everyone who's about to do it, just think - this time next year you'll be able to heckle Year 12 students. It's remarkably fun.

watatank

Coach

Trials are generally harder than HSC, but you might have to compare with past HSC questions for your subjects to get a better idea of what they will ask.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Found the trials harder, actually.

Oh I love HSC time. Everyone who's about to do it, just think - this time next year you'll be able to heckle Year 12 students. It's remarkably fun.

Good point :lol:

Hopefully I'm not banned for good by this time next year. :lol:

Trials are generally harder than HSC, but you might have to compare with past HSC questions for your subjects to get a better idea of what they will ask.

Thanks mate.

I've just go to f**king relax, aye! :D

Vossy

Bench
woop woop 2 down 5 to go..fugg the english 2nd paper on monday, 3 essays :crazy:...do it yourself

not as hard as i thought it would be ;-)