What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Higher School Certificate

Vossy

Bench
Oh it's alright, the solution showed me how to do it!

ohmygod2bh2.png

What f**king bullsh*t :lol: I am going to cry on Monday.

:?

what drugs do you need to be on to even read that sh!t..meth is a powerful drug :crazy:

Had Legal today, fairly indifferent on this one, some sections I found good, some were more loopy, but I should do alright overall.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Yeah same with Bio. I found it pretty easy but a 6 and 7 marker had me confused a bit. Finished with an hour to go so I was sitting there sleeping pretty much.

Yeah same with Bio. I found it pretty easy but a 6 and 7 marker had me confused a bit. Finished with an hour to go so I was sitting there sleeping pretty much.

I got to school at midday and everybody was leaving bio (early) and saying it was incredibly easy, mind you, the guy that said that has called several tests easy to wind up scoring mid 70s.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Everyone said the trials were easy and getting low 70's. I thought I wasn't sure and got 5th highest with 80. I definitely new the subject more now then for the trials so i'm pretty confident I'll get 80 +.

NK Arsenal

Juniors

So you guys aren't allowed to leave early? :shock:

We're allowed to leave at anytime as long as it aint during the first hour or last 15

Apey

Staff member
So you guys aren't allowed to leave early? :shock:

We're allowed to leave at anytime as long as it aint during the first hour or last 15

Same.

What school do you go to again? :lol:

I won't be leaving early in any of mine :(

AILD

Bench
when i did my hsc we werent allowed to leave early. but it always took me to the last 10 or so mins to finish anyway...i would spend the first 30 mins scratching my head then rush the rest....its a wonder i passed every exam.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i would get 100/100 for any exam on the simpsons/family guy/futurama..bloody qoute every word from the simpsons :)

watch faiders_69 reply with "you fail in life by supporting the sharks" :lol: dont bother R69 :p

Didnt need to say it, your trophey cabinet says it for me :cool:

McLovin

Staff member
When i did the HSC i remember having the flu during one of my exams. I was sniffling and blowing my nose every 10 minutes or so. I think i pizzed alot of people off that day...

2 hours on 2 tissues...

Stonecutter

First Grade
I'm 6 ft tall so I always kick the person infronts chair by accident when i'm stretching and moving around. My technique is straight back to head down on paper to slouching back in the chair.

@ Mathematics ppl: How much do you reckon you get scaled in Maths? I just did the 06 past papers and I was like WTF for most in the second half so i'm not looking forward to monday. Damn extension 1 people make me feel dumb when they say how they get over 100 doing past papers!.

I'm 6 ft tall so I always kick the person infronts chair by accident when i'm stretching and moving around. My technique is straight back to head down on paper to slouching back in the chair.

@ Mathematics ppl: How much do you reckon you get scaled in Maths? I just did the 06 past papers and I was like WTF for most in the second half so i'm not looking forward to monday. Damn extension 1 people make me feel dumb when they say how they get over 100 doing past papers!.

I know Extension 2-70% raw=90 (approx)
Extension 1 I have no Idea, I'd say band 6 would be around 80% Raw
2 unit I don't think scales that much at all (maybe 1 or 2 marks tops)

ledzep

Bench

If you're talking about the Ext 1 paper, I had the distinct pleasure of doing it for my actual HSC exam :lol:
That was a ridiculous exam
If it makes you feel better, I doubt I got more than 75% (and that's being generous if I remember the exam correctly) and ended up with an exam mark of 46/50 :crazy:

Stonecutter

First Grade
Nah Mathematics. I did the 05 one after which I found fairly straight forward until Q7 then the marks were slim picking. I found it hard to recognise the process for the later questions which involve multiple topics at once. I guess extension would have more experience with those harder style questions so they can identify what to do better then us plain Mathematics folks who are seeing them for the first time now our brains go "screw that, i'm going home".

I'm pretty much aiming for around 70-75. Realistically I don't think i'll get above 75 unless the markers are really generous.

Kinda wish I did general :p.

Nah Mathematics. I did the 05 one after which I found fairly straight forward until Q7 then the marks were slim picking. I found it hard to recognise the process for the later questions which involve multiple topics at once. I guess extension would have more experience with those harder style questions so they can identify what to do better then us plain Mathematics folks who are seeing them for the first time now our brains go "screw that, i'm going home".

I'm pretty much aiming for around 70-75. Realistically I don't think i'll get above 75 unless the markers are really generous.

Kinda wish I did general :p.

In my practise papers I get 57+/60 for Questions 1-5, then end up with a mark of around 110 for the whole 10 questions. It's just a case on instinct for me, knowing all the topics well, and having confidence in what you are doing for the harder questions. When you are thinking "I'm not sure this is what I'm meant to be doing" is when you are prone to making stupid mistakes, which can be the difference between bands.

Stonecutter

First Grade
I probably should've spent more time in holidays solely on maths then my other subjects. I'm slowly getting how to build up on questions though and what to look for.