What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Higher School Certificate

Vossy

Bench
Didnt need to say it, your trophey cabinet says it for me :cool:

took you long enough to reply, bit slow on the uptake :) :p

Same.

What school do you go to again? :lol:

I won't be leaving early in any of mine

im not allowed to leave early, its a school rule :fist: but where allowed to wear anything and not the stupid school uniform, i think the school made that rule to keep us quiet about the not leaving rule..rule - fail

Apey

Staff member
No one goes in uniform do they? :crazy:

I wish I didn't pick extension 2 sort of.

Vossy

Bench
i know a few schools that do :lol:

plus if i want to leave i should be allowed to, if i annoy the smart people, its there fault for being smart, dont blame me for you not getting into uni :fist:

Apey

Staff member
i know a few schools that do :lol:

plus if i want to leave i should be allowed to, if i annoy the smart people, its there fault for being smart, dont blame me for you not getting into uni :fist:

lol that's sh*t... I've already disposed of my school uniform

I don't have time to leave early, but if I did, I certainly would.

Vossy

Bench
lol that's sh*t... I've already disposed of my school uniform

im going to burn my uniform and exercise books and sell my blazer and textbooks back to the school..give me my money back, bastards

soooooooo not looking forward to economics on tuesday

Apey

Staff member
I disposed of my uniform (except for the shirt everyone wrote on).

Have already burnt all my english notes/exercise book.

Keeping Maths books.

Can't wait to dispose Ancient history. My teacher must have her own forest or something because I have over 500 f**king sheets from this year and last year that take up a lot of space :fist:

Ext2 tomorrow I am screwed :lol:

Vossy

Bench
my business studies exercise book tripled in size by the end of the year by the amount of sheets we got, same goes for economics..SAME TEACHER FOR BOTH :lol:

im only going to burn tests and trial HSC papers i have done..going to recycle the amazon forest

Stonecutter

First Grade
No one goes in uniform do they? :crazy:

I wish I didn't pick extension 2 sort of.

We do. Even though I go to a catholic school I think hey lied to us by saying that if we weren't in full school uniform the exam people don't let you sit the exam. Those sneaky bastards. So much for the commandments.

And I realise that I'm going to absolute sh*t in maths. In 6 years of highschool we've never been taught how to answer most of the questions. They rush all the basics in as quick as they can in 2 years and then when you go to do HSC questions you have no idea what to do as they merge multiple topics and require you to analyse for greater then basics let you. So now my aim is to just try and remember formulas and basics as much as I can and just fudge the rest.

Apey

Staff member
We do. Even though I go to a catholic school I think hey lied to us by saying that if we weren't in full school uniform the exam people don't let you sit the exam. Those sneaky bastards. So much for the commandments.

And I realise that I'm going to absolute sh*t in maths. In 6 years of highschool we've never been taught how to answer most of the questions. They rush all the basics in as quick as they can in 2 years and then when you go to do HSC questions you have no idea what to do as they merge multiple topics and require you to analyse for greater then basics let you. So now my aim is to just try and remember formulas and basics as much as I can and just fudge the rest.

Try doing that on an Extension 2 level! It's f**king ridiculous, I'm trying past papers and I have to look up almost every answer :(

But, I think it's different once you get in there. Once you see the actual questions you will be more confident.

Stonecutter

First Grade
The second half of the paper really screws me over alot.

I did up to Q5 and got 52/60 (might have been marking a bit generous though :p) then as soon as Q6 hit I got 6/12 :x. I don't want to do the otehr 4 as i'll prob drop to around 65% :(.

Apey

Staff member
Only answered 30 - 40% of Ext2.

That sh*t was ridiculous and I am very happy to be rid of it :crazy:

Vossy

Bench
Only answered 30 - 40% of Ext2.

That sh*t was ridiculous and I am very happy to be rid of it :crazy:

im glad im not that smart that i took your classes

the sh!t is going to hit the fan tomorrow arvo..economics :crazy: and its supposed to be hot :x

Geohood

Bench
That maths seemed so easy compared to past years and I think I still managed to stuff it up... gah Im glad that disgusting subject is over!

Economics tomorrow ... I just learnt some advanced terms lol.. 'Twin deficit hypothesis'.. 'quantity theory of money'... 'crowding out effect'... hopefully I can get 85+ for this.

I've heard a 40 in 4unit the equivalent of a in 99 2U?

That's probably wrong, our maths teacher says if you get anything less than a 70 (so pretty much an E1), then you would of been better off doing 3U instead, because the scaling goes the other way. Unless they mean 40/96 (raw mark) vs 99/120 (raw mark) then it could be a different story.

Apey

Staff member
Extension 2 is out of 120. 8 questions, but each question is out of 15.

Mate, 70% in Extension 2 would scale up to and possibly above 85/10 as an assessment mark, to put it in perspective.

This year, due to the difficulty of the test, it's generally expected that 50 - 60% will be scaled to anywhere from 70 - 80.

Most people, again this is just hearsay though, expect the top band of Extension 2 (E4) to require about a raw mark of 65% minimum this year.

simmo1

First Grade
When I did Ext2 Maths (a couple of years ago now), I was averaging around 80% raw mark for the trials etc. and ended up with early 90s for my HSC for it.

So..you do the math.