What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Higher School Certificate

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Nope, i asked they can't re-sit it. Now i've got to wait to see if the BOS decides my reason wasn't good enough and i'll have to do PDHPE at TAFE next year or if i get a 0 but still get a UAI...it sucks :(

Apey

Staff member
Lol anyone who misses exams at my school just resits them.. (I am pretty sure anyway)

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
That's with illness and misadventure i think..otherwise the advisors at my school are being pricks.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Oh man that's brutal. You should've just said you were sick or had family reasons and try to get a mis-adventure thingy.

Stonecutter

First Grade
f**k chemistry sucked. The only thing i'm crap at is calculating and they put more calculating questions in then ever before the assholes :fist:.

Vossy

Bench
we were told that "missing an exam due to missing reading times/dates" is a rubbish excuse and would most likely result in 0

feel for you mate

God-King Dean

Immortal
That's with illness and misadventure i think..otherwise the advisors at my school are being pricks.

While I am sure they'll give you another crack after giving you a scare, if they say no, you'll get zero, just blow up a massive stink. Surely they are not gonna f*ck with your future just because you misread a time table.

f**k chemistry sucked. The only thing i'm crap at is calculating and they put more calculating questions in then ever before the assholes :fist:.

I agree, although the calculations weren't that bad, there was so many rubbish questions like the crap on water treatment. If I get 70% for that I'll be over the moon.

Speaking of over the moon, FIIIIIIIIINISHED :D

how's the song go?
Schoooools OUT for SUMMER
Schoooools OUT for EVER
Schoooools been blown to PIECES

Vossy

Bench
I agree, although the calculations weren't that bad, there was so many rubbish questions like the crap on water treatment. If I get 70% for that I'll be over the moon.

how's the song go?
Schoooools OUT for EVER

can stop singing "HEY TEACHER...LEAVE THOSE KIDS ALONE" :crazy:

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
While I am sure they'll give you another crack after giving you a scare, if they say no, you'll get zero, just blow up a massive stink. Surely they are not gonna f*ck with your future just because you misread a time table.

it happened at mine lol... he didn't get a 0 overall, just a 0 for the HSC mark... so he got his school mark, so it was like 40/100 (coz he got 40/50 for school mark i assume)

Stonecutter

First Grade
can stop singing "HEY TEACHER...LEAVE THOSE KIDS ALONE" :crazy:

"All in all it's just a nother brick in the wall!" We so should've used the film clip for our finally asssembly celebration thingy then throw a brick through a window something :p symbolism.

Stonecutter

First Grade

how's the song go?
Schoooools OUT for EVER

I'm great at the theory stuff like water treatment (used some geography for that one) but suck at the calculations. Definitely lost the marks on petrol and combustion one. After a bit of working out I got the molar mass one (hydrogen wooo).

Is the molecular formular of sodium carbonate Na2CO3? I did it first as NaCO3 but I redid it because I'm pretty sure Carbonate has a 2- charge. If so I aced those questions as well.

Multiple choice I f**ked up a bit. I'll be lucky to get 10. Overall hopefully I get above 80 after scaling and everything.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Dragon what UAI do you need and what UAI do you think you would have got if you did the test?

Needed UAI: 70.10
Assumed: I would have got 60-70 for my UAI, i thought i had done well in all the other tests and knew most of the PDH stuff and from reading, it looked easy.

Vossy

Bench
"All in all it's just a nother brick in the wall!" We so should've used the film clip for our finally asssembly celebration thingy then throw a brick through a window something :p symbolism.

out of my 2 close mates and me, they broke a window each, of course only one got pinned on one of them cause we were planning soccer and he went to kick it at a wall and instead, got the window :lol::lol:..2nd time, we were playing indoor footy where we werent supposed to be and my other mate threw a shonky pass and smashed a window..and as you do, we piss bolted before any teacher saw us