What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Higher School Certificate

Stonecutter

First Grade
:lol: windows. We had 1 person in year 11 throw an orange through one from 20 metres away. He plays baseball as well so he has a lethal arm. 1 guy before year 10 broke a glass door by throwing someone into it and threw a chair through a window. Alot of close calls with soccer, football and gridiron balls from the netball courts which have classroom windows at ground level so they were hit alot. Suprisingly they never broke though. Broken school bus window. Might be more but that's off the top of my head from our year through the years of HS.

I'm great at the theory stuff like water treatment (used some geography for that one) but suck at the calculations. Definitely lost the marks on petrol and combustion one. After a bit of working out I got the molar mass one (hydrogen wooo).

Is the molecular formular of sodium carbonate Na2CO3? I did it first as NaCO3 but I redid it because I'm pretty sure Carbonate has a 2- charge. If so I aced those questions as well.

Multiple choice I f**ked up a bit. I'll be lucky to get 10. Overall hopefully I get above 80 after scaling and everything.

I guessed it was Na2CO3 because then with 2HCl it forms 2NaCl, CO2 and H2O.

I went through and did all the questions I knew straight away, then I was going to go back and bullsh*t the rest, turns out there was about 35 marks outta 60 for that though, but on a second go round I could do another 20 marks worth. My maths skills (it is my strong point) helps me with all the equations and stuff, but I still struggle with some (pH mainly).

adamkungl

Immortal
:lol: windows. We had 1 person in year 11 throw an orange through one from 20 metres away. He plays baseball as well so he has a lethal arm. 1 guy before year 10 broke a glass door by throwing someone into it and threw a chair through a window. Alot of close calls with soccer, football and gridiron balls from the netball courts which have classroom windows at ground level so they were hit alot. Suprisingly they never broke though. Broken school bus window. Might be more but that's off the top of my head from our year through the years of HS.

Back in year 9 we were chucking a football around a classroom one day before the teacher got to class. It ended with a bad fumble and a broken overhead projector :lol:

The_Mo

Juniors
Done.

I dropped geo, cbf to do it, I had 12 units, and the other 10 have better scaling. Plus, didn't study an ounce of geo all year. So it was always gonna be worse than the others.

Time to celebrate :crazy:

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Back in year 9 we were chucking a football around a classroom one day before the teacher got to class. It ended with a bad fumble and a broken overhead projector :lol:

Similar incident, my teacher for Maths was running late one day and we were throwing around the football with the provision, you drop it your out and it came down to me and my friend and he wasn't looking and i threw the ball and it hit the window, it didn't break but it had the outline of a football in it but i got away scot free so alls good.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Done.

I dropped geo, cbf to do it, I had 12 units, and the other 10 have better scaling. Plus, didn't study an ounce of geo all year. So it was always gonna be worse than the others.

Time to celebrate :crazy:

Man Geography is my pay dirt. 95 in SC without studying. Above 80% in everything I did getting 100% in a few assignments. Some people thought it was harder then the trials but I thought it was easier and absolutely killed it. I got 81 in the trials struggling so i'm looking at 85 raw atleast just from the HSC. I know I got 14-15 in MC and got 9-15 in the trial ones. I wrote 6-6 and 6.5 pages for essays when in trials I totally blanked out on toursim.

f**k yeah what a good way to go out on :D.

Stonecutter

First Grade

:lol: Outside PE we were throwing a football and it knowcked down an anounce speaker thingy hanging on the side. It was the schools fault, absoltue stupid planning with that one.

Footballs and school objects, they just don't mix :lol:.

In year 10 we were kicking a soccer ball around the school when someone decided to kick it as hard as they could, it deflected off one of the girls and smashed a light. Everyone stood there for 3 seconds, then it was a grand piss bolt to the nearest exit and out of the school (it was during sport, we could go home whenever). The next day they had a new light in a box to replace that one, which still hasn't been put in.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Ok uni related.

I havent been to a lecture for this unit, and only one tutorial. I started studying at 11pm (thats when i first removed the textbook from its wrapping), its Business Law. The exam is at 830... so about 8 hours time, so 6 hours left in which to cram. Also, i'm 13/40 for this unit (exam worth 60%) because i didn't do an assingment (loss of 20%, and i found out about an online test with about 30 mins to go, so i winged it... 13/20.)

I've pulled off a band 6 in HSC modern history with reading up on half the syllabus in the 2 hours before the exam, but this is uni so i daresay it will be different. If i pass, i will continue to be a lazy f**k probably, if i fail it maybe the wake up call i need. Hmm, also yeah cbf studying right now even though i need to, therefore it results in a long post.

Last edited:

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
yeah, just read through all the slides and stuff... seems alright. Dist. avg in what Coby? Your degree? (because i was talking about a specific unit)

sportive cupid

Referee
Ok uni related.

I havent been to a lecture for this unit, and only one tutorial. I started studying at 11pm (thats when i first removed the textbook from its wrapping), its Business Law. The exam is at 830... so about 8 hours time, so 6 hours left in which to cram. Also, i'm 13/40 for this unit (exam worth 60%) because i didn't do an assingment (loss of 20%, and i found out about an online test with about 30 mins to go, so i winged it... 13/20.)

I've pulled off a band 6 in HSC modern history with reading up on half the syllabus in the 2 hours before the exam, but this is uni so i daresay it will be different. If i pass, i will continue to be a lazy f**k probably, if i fail it maybe the wake up call i need. Hmm, also yeah cbf studying right now even though i need to, therefore it results in a long post.
What course are you doing again MrF?;-)

Vossy

Bench
went back to school today to get my rankings/references..not like i cared, they were rubbish (except for maths which as in the middle)..which they were handed out 2 weeks ago..wooops :)

glad i never have to go back to that sh!thole again

Stonecutter

First Grade
went back to school today to get my rankings/references..not like i cared, they were rubbish (except for maths which as in the middle)..which they were handed out 2 weeks ago..wooops :)

glad i never have to go back to that sh!thole again

One of my most satisfying moments was my Bio teacher calling me out in the car park of the formal to which I told her " hahaha never seeing you again wwoooo". Yes I was a little drunk :p.

Vossy

Bench
wasnt all that satisfying, still owed the merkins money :fist: for an excursion i didnt even go on, was eco excursion, lectures in the city, was 2nd lot of lectures, 1st time i went, few weeks before hand, (diff eco topics) it was boring as bat sh!t and i wasnt going to sit through it again

stfu monk, take your gayness elsewhere...monk wants to be jigglypuff :lol:

Last edited: