What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 referees

OVP

Coach
Yep f**k and Simpleton have retired. Hallelujah !! The two worst are goooooooorrrrrrrnnnnn !!

I have heard Luke Phillips and some other ex-player (Perenara i think ??) are training to be refs ... but i dont know how far theyve progressed as yet.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I dont want to steal El Diablo's thunder here but surely the time has come for a glorious return of Mogseen Jadwat?

Sober

Juniors
Bernard Sutton reffed his first NRL game in the last round of 2007 (Sharks vs. Canberra). I expect we'll see more of him this year.

*Paul*

Juniors
I hear on Internet message boards that reffing is simply a matter of just being right all the time. Should be thousands queueing up to get that potential 100K a year.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
*Paul* said:
I hear on Internet message boards that reffing is simply a matter of just being right all the time. Should be thousands queueing up to get that potential 100K a year.

It isn't easy. They have to be the fittest person on the field.

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
Taking Clark and Simpkins out, it looks like this:

Tony Archer
Gavin Badger
Ben Cummins
Tony de las Heras
Sean Hampstead
Shayne Hayne
Jarrad Maxwell
Jason Robinson
Bernard Sutton

..maybe Steve Lyons?

HevyDevy

Coach
Tedro is still on the piss I believe.

I actually see a lot of potential in some of those young refs - Ben Cummins and the like.

All we need to do now is get rid of Shayne Hayne and the quality of refs might return to a decent level.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I couldnt care who refs the game, all refs will make a mistake eventually. They are all as bad as each other, but still *crosses fingers hoping that Greg Hartley stays in retirement forever*

Gee_Up

Juniors
Paul Mellor who retired from the Bunnies is participating in some sort of development program initiated by the NRL to convince ex-players to become referee's.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Tiger_Tim said:
Taking Clark and Simpkins out, it looks like this:

Tony Archer
Gavin Badger
Ben Cummins
Tony de las Heras
Sean Hampstead
Shayne Hayne
Jarrad Maxwell
Jason Robinson
Bernard Sutton

..maybe Steve Lyons?
This is just a guess, but in order of experience we'd have:

Hampstead
Archer
Daylight
Hayne
More Daylight
The Rest

Hardly fills me with confidence. :?

(Bring back Russell Smith!)

skeepe

Immortal
I always thought Hayne came into grade before Archer?

Of that list, Tony De Las Heras and Gavin Badger are nowhere near first grade standard.

Latest posts