What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 World Cup FINAL - Australia v New Zealand *Match Thread*

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Great win by NZ... some of the players today being shown up for the hacks they are which is always good. We severely missed the presence of Price tonight.

Amazing finish to a very unusual competition.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Good stuff, had $100 on NZ earlier this year when I saw then at $6 to win. I thought it was good value then. Very happy about the result. Will chuck it all on the Dogs to win the comp now!

JasonE

Bench
Funniest thing I've ever seen, the World Cup is so predictable ??????
International RL is dead ?????
Thank you Kiwis for shoving it up the critics.

kay

Juniors
I might be wrong but even if it is passive offside against nz doesn't it come off Williams leg first which places it against aus in the first place

Eelectrica

Referee
Congrats NZ. Well deserved win. Enjoy your moment, you've earned it.
You guys wanted it more. We made too many critical mistakes.

Roosterphin1

Juniors
I like how when Monaghan stripped Harrison of the ball it was poor carry but when Laffranchi accidentally knocked the ball out of Benjis hand it was a strip and play on.

f**k me in all my years I have never seen such a biased performance by a referee

abpanther

Staff member
People blaming the ref are idiots, NZ hit em in the mouth and the Aussies choked, good job NZ