What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 World Cup FINAL - Australia v New Zealand *Match Thread*

Frailty

First Grade
Wolfman isn't up to it.

Slater was pathetic.

Price was missed badly.

Thurston was quiet.

I agree Prince should have been playing

I think Williams did quite well to be honest, made a couple of mistakes, but so did a lot of the team. Saved a try for Australia, and scored one. No reason to have a go at him.

Slater... well apart from that one stupid decision to go down the sideline and pass it to Benji, he didn't play too bad.... Note: does not mean he played well.

LeedsRhinos

Juniors
I'm actually one of the biggest fans of Klein and will defend him most times, but tonight's game was atrocious. There was no consistancy. Benji loses it, apparently its stripped. Williams and Laffranchi gets the ball knocked out in the exact same manner, and it is a knock on.

Not to mention non existent penalty for offside, nor the penalty for pushing back after held, when he yelled held and he was already in the in goal. It is an absolute joke.

Kite getting penalised for arms around the head, but not one single penalty against the kiwis for it.

It was an awful game by Australia, and the Kiwis played well. But I would have loved to have a good refereeing performance to give the kiwis a win without that crap.

Theres the Super Leagues present to Australia, have the World Cup New Zealand :lol::lol:

jdizzle

Juniors
Dude, NZ were the better side on the night.

I never said they weren't.

But at least 2 of those tries wouldn't have been tries on any other day of the week or for any other game.

It would be in the RLIF's interest for NZ to win and to think this wasn't in the back of the officials' mind is very naive.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Love Tate telling the camera to piss off :lol:

1. You didn't play, softc*ck.

2. You're on national television in the middle of an RL stadium. Have those moments in your dressing room, douche.

3. Congrats NZ!

alexc

HAHAHA GW NZ. Lulz monofag have some faith in your team mates you dud who picked you in the team anyway?

macavity

Referee
Slater "not too bad"???

that was the worst individual performance in the world cup, bar none.

his papers must be marked "never to play for Oz again"

couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.... :sarcasm:

Roosterphin1

Juniors
I agree there was something very fishy about tonights game. It was like there was a set of rules for one team and one for the other. NZ scored tries off plays that wouldnt have been tries in any other Rugby League game in the world. It was almost like the refs thought "Oh well Australia will still win but we will make it close"

aids

Bench
if the game was in sydney, kiwi's would have been done and dusted in the first 20
shame brisbane-ites
shame

Roosterphin1

Juniors
What is a bigger disgrace as all the Aussies on her happy that we lost. f**k me support your country you imbeciles especially against NZ. disgraceful

Goey Man

Juniors
I never said they weren't.

But at least 2 of those tries wouldn't have been tries on any other day of the week or for any other game.

It would be in the RLIF's interest for NZ to win and to think this wasn't in the back of the officials' mind is very naive.

Both of them would've been give IMHO.

typicalfan

Coach
Slater "not too bad"???

He made a mistake but prior to that he was our second best player on the park besides Lockyer.

Justin Hodges did worse for QLD and turned out alright.

It was a bad desperate play though

aids

Bench
Slater "not too bad"???

Nature abhors 2 things, vacuum's and sh*t merkins.
slater copped a double whammy tonight