What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 World Cup FINAL - Australia v New Zealand *Match Thread*

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
There is nothing wrong with being disappointed with your team Rooster geeze. People aren't actually hating the Aussies, those who support them, but being disappointed at the Roos is part of what being a fan is!

Noa

First Grade
He made a mistake but prior to that he was our second best player on the park besides Lockyer.

Justin Hodges did worse for QLD and turned out alright.

It was a bad desperate play though

Yup, but it was a '05 Slater play that undid all his good play this tournament.

Dragon

Coach
Havnt seen Bennett so happy for a long time lol

The passion NZ showed after winning brought a smile to my face. Can only be good for the game.

macavity

Referee
everyone was crud for us tonight.

slater second best? thanks, I needed a laugh.

Locky getting booed in Brisbane now.... what is this world coming to.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Love Tate telling the camera to piss off :lol:

1. You didn't play, softc*ck.

2. You're on national television in the middle of an RL stadium. Have those moments in your dressing room, douche.

3. Congrats NZ!

Uh what's wrong with Tatey doing that? He's an Aussie is he not? What he's not allowed to show a little emotion? Geeze you need to grow up

Nerd

Bench
International Rugby League is alive and well! Congratulations to NZ. A couple of the decisions by Klein were hard to understand i.e Marshall losing the football forward and Klein calling play on but thats footy. What lost Australia the game was Thurstons crap kicking game in the first half. And a tip for Williams for the future DONT RUN OUT ON THE FIRST TACKLE YOU GOOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blaze

Juniors
There is something very wrong with giving the MOTM in a world cup final to a player on the losing team...

griff

Bench
There is something very wrong with giving the MOTM in a world cup final to a player on the losing team...

There's something much more wrong: calling the man of the match in the world cup final "The Jetstar Man of the Match Award". Don't name it after Dave Valentine or Mal Meninga or Puig Aubert. Let's name it after a sh*tty airline. Dickheads.

Frailty

First Grade
International Rugby League is alive and well! Congratulations to NZ. A couple of the decisions by Klein were hard to understand i.e Marshall losing the football forward and Klein calling play on but thats footy. What lost Australia the game was Thurstons crap kicking game in the first half. And a tip for Williams for the future DONT RUN OUT ON THE FIRST TACKLE YOU GOOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't be having a go at Williams about that for a number of reasons... Firstly it should have been an Australia penalty because two players involved in the tackle from an offside position. But ignoring that, how about Slater's running to the sideline and throwing the ball away. Furthermore, how about Williams' try saving tackle? Or the try he scored?

He is not the worst player out there. In all fairness, the Aussie forwards didn't turn up, althought I thought Gallen and Stewart played their guts out.