What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 AFC Asian Cup Round 1 - Australia v Kuwait :: @ Canberra :: March 5 2009

Australia v Kuwait

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

griffo346

First Grade
AUSTRALIAN SOCCEROOS:

Danny Allsopp, (Melbourne Victory), Fabian Barbiero, (Adelaide United), Billy Celeski, (Melbourne Victory), Shannon Cole, (Sydney FC), Robert Cornthwaite, (Adelaide United), Tarek Elrich, (Newcastle Jets), Eugene Galekovic, (Adelaide United), Dean Heffernan, (Central Coast Mariners), Scott Jamieson, (Adelaide United), Ben Kantarovski, (Newcastle Jets), Matthew McKay, (Queensland Roar), Craig Moore, (Queensland Roar), Daniel Mullen, (Adelaide United), Mitch Nichols, (Queensland Roar), Tom Pondeljak, (Melbourne Victory), Paul Reid, (Adelaide United), Matt Simon, (Central Coast Mariners), Michael Theoklitos, (Melbourne Victory), Archie Thompson, (Melbourne Victory), Matthew Thompson, (Newcastle Jets), Nikolai Topor-Stanley, (Newcastle Jets), Rodrigo Vargas, (Melbourne Victory), Danny Vukovic, (Central Coast Mariners), Michael Zullo, (Queensland Roar)

KUWAIT:

TBA
Referee:

TBA

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm surprised to see it there. Turning away a potentially lucrative figure in gates given the game would probably have gone close to selling out in Melbourne, Brisbane, or Sydney.

fish eel

Immortal
I'm surprised to see it there. Turning away a potentially lucrative figure in gates given the game would probably have gone close to selling out in Melbourne, Brisbane, or Sydney.

doubt the game would have sold out at the big venues in those cities, who, have had the WC qualifiers, with games also coming in in Sydney and Melbourne.

Downie

Guest Moderator
I don't care, I'm just glad to see football in Canberra.

Reckon the game will be sold out? Just moved down to Canberra Uni so I'm only a stone's throw away, and I'm looking at just rocking up before the game with a couple of mates to get tickets.

Capacity is around 26000 from memory.

I'd advise buying tickets early if you can.

Not so much that it might sell out, but because the queues can be pretty bad at the stadium.. I remember seeing queues stretched out as far as the AIS Arena.

Canberra loves a good walk up/ buying tickets at last minute.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Allsopp Celeski and Jamieson have been dropped after failing medicals.

Jamieson is a massive loss, I'd rather Pim Replace him with Shannon Cole rather than the Hyphen..

Simon comes straight in for Allsopp IMO.

btw only single seats available in Cat C now...

skeepe

Immortal
Anyone seriously looking at going, I'd get your tickets early because there's not all that much left.

A Reserve Available
B Reserve Available
C Reserve Alloc. Exhausted
A Res Restrict View Available
B Res Restrict View_ Single seats only
C Res Restrict View_ Alloc. Exhausted
Australian Home End Alloc. Exhausted
Kuwait Supporter End Alloc. Exhausted
No Alcohol Section Alloc. Exhausted

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I've well and truly gone to the dark side with regards to thinking Verbleak is a dud - and a bit of a c**k, too - but against my better judgement I'm gonna give him yet ANOTHER chance to redeem himself, and prove himself worthy of once again giving me faith in the Socceroos.

However, if he disappoints me again with another insipid, one-dimensional, lacklustre load of f**king crap performance, complete with dysfunctional, impotent attack, I will be ramping my anti-Pim propaganda campaign into hyperdrive.

There will be no holding me back, I will become an unstoppable force of merciless and sometimes irrational mocking and hatred as the basis of my "SA2009: Pim Out!" campaign.

Full page tabloid ads, anti-Dutch hate rallies, burning clogs on his front lawn, voodoo rants, uncooth internet rants, the works.

I hope it doesn't come to this, but he will have left me little choice.

:D

God-King Dean

Immortal
xerxes-2.jpg

Latest posts