What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Cowboys

Big Pete

Referee
Amos is much more versatile in terms of the forwards.

Mind you it can go either way in terms of that bench spot.

Shorty

Staff member
Ah yes Pete I did actually mean 2006,thanks!
Last year and this year not so much,well this year he hasn't really been shown heaps of first grade.

icewind

Juniors
what's the 2009 cowboys gonna look like? with Henry and Johnstone back on board i think things are looking up next year, with guys like Tonga, Manukafoa and Kaufusi. Any others I forgot that are coming on board?
2009 team imo:

1. Bowen
2. Williams
3. Tonga
4. Graham
5. Williams
6. Burns
7. Thurston
8. Webb
9. Payne
10.Scott
11.Weston
12.Southern
13.O'Donnell

14.Manukafoa/Vaeau
15.Tronc
16.Kaufusi
17.Watts

Big Pete

Referee
At full strength and top form...

1. Matt Bowen
2. Ty Williams
3. Ash Graham
4. Willie Tonga
5. John Williams
6. Travis Burns
7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Carl Webb
9. Aaron Payne
10. Mat Scott
11. Steve Southern
12. Luke O'Donnell
13. Ben Harris

14. Clint Amos
15. Antonio Kafusi
16. Manase Monuokafoa
17. Shane Tronc

18. Daniel Abraham
19. Mitchell Achurch
20. Matthew Bartlett
21. Scott Bolton
22. Brandon Boor
23. Sam Bowie
24. Greg Byrnes
25. Ryan Carr
26. Ben Farrar
27. Sam Faust
28. Obe Gaia
29. George Gatis
30. Luke Harlen
31. Mark Henry
32. Shaun Maloney
33. Jackson Nicolau
34. Chris Sheppard
35. Nick Slynly
36. James Tamou
37. Anthony Watts
38. Dayne Weston

Nice squad...a lot of depth there.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
1. Dogs Balls
2. Dogs Balls
3. Dogs Balls
4. Dogs Balls
5. Dogs Balls
6. Dogs Balls
7. Dogs Balls
8. Dogs Balls
9. Dogs Balls
10. Dogs Balls
11. Dogs Balls
12. Dogs Balls
13. Dogs Balls

14. Dogs Balls
15. Dogs Balls
16. Dogs Balls
17. Dogs Balls

dogz08

First Grade
1. Dogs Balls
2. Dogs Balls
3. Dogs Balls
4. Dogs Balls
5. Dogs Balls
6. Dogs Balls
7. Dogs Balls
8. Dogs Balls
9. Dogs Balls
10. Dogs Balls
11. Dogs Balls
12. Dogs Balls
13. Dogs Balls

14. Dogs Balls
15. Dogs Balls
16. Dogs Balls
17. Dogs Balls

what's with this dogs balls crap?

Talanexor

Juniors
This'll never happen unless injuries and suspensions force it, but my best 17 would be:

1. Matt Bowen
2. Ben Farrar
3. Willie Tonga
4. Ash Graham
5. John Williams
6. Travis Burns
7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Carl Webb
9. Anthony Watts
10. Antonio Kaufusi
11. Steve Southern
12. Luke O'Donnell
13. Ben Harris

14. Clint Amos (only if Watts can't play the full 80 minutes. Otherwise, Weston/Harlen/Slyney/any backrower in good form)
15. Matt Scott
16. Manase Manuokafoa
17. Shane Tronc

With Neil Henry at the helm, this side has a million points in them, and I've reshuffled the backline to get rid of those glaring defensive weaknesses (like Mark Henry, Ty Williams and Thurston defending together on one side - the titans ran 3 or 4 tries in through them.)

Ty Williams is gone because he's run out of last chances. Aaron Payne is gone because Watts offers more go-forward, more creativity and can play for longer, though this is a controversial decision that probably won't happen.

Ideally, Watts will play for 80 minutes and we can stack the bench with forwards - we can grind it out or run circles around them, depending on which team we're playing.

It's a big call considering we're still wooden spooners with two games to go, but we are a serious premiership contender in 2009.

Last edited:

Phillips

Referee
1. Matt Bowen
2. Ty Williams
3. Ben Harris
4. Willie Tonga
5. Ben Farrar
6. Travis Burns
7. Jonathan Thurston
8. Shane Tronc
9. Aaron Payne
10. Carl Webb
11. Steve Southern
12. Antonio Kaufusi
13. Luke O'Donnell

CHRIS SANDOW

Juniors
What are your thoughts?? Post your team

1. Matty Bowen
2. Ty Williams
3. Willie Tonga
4. Ashley Graham
5. Obe Geia
6. Travis Burns
7. Jonathan Thurston
8. Ray Cashmere
9. Aaron Payne
10. Carl Webb
11. Steve Southern
12. Shane Tronc
13. Luke O' Donnell

Reserves
14. Clint Amos
15. Matthew Scott
16. Manase Manuokafoa
17. Antonio Kaufusi

Asedenburns

Juniors
1)A Graham
2) D Malone
3) Willie Tonga
4) Ben Harris
5) J Williams
6) M Bowen
7) JT (c)
8) A Kafusi
9) A Watts
10) C Webb
11) LOD
12) M Achurch
13) S Southern

14) C Amos 15) D Weston 16) M Scott 17) M Manakomouse.

Don Malone is big strong and fast scored 5 tries in one game and is the nephew of Steve Renoulf, Achurch is fast and mobile something our pack lacks, Dont rate Harris as a backrow Kafusi cost to much to put on the bench and Payne Tronc and Burns need to work on their skills.
Our pack in the past lack 2 things power and speed, Muzz was happy to have 2 or 3 props do all the running whilst the back row tackled whilst running similar lines to the props, Henry will have mobile back rowers running WIDE. Southern can smack the crap out of anyone who gets past. With Scott and Manakmouse on the bench we dont lose any power when we interchange. Bowen is a hole runner and not someone too keen on kick returns so put him in the middle and let him do what he wants.

Asedenburns

Juniors
you have Farrar on the wing and Kafusi in the backrow and you having a go at my line up, RIGHT. You have 2 backs that can defend and a forward pack slower than a hillbilly on Horlicks.

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
1)A Graham
2) D Malone
3) Willie Tonga
4) Ben Harris
5) J Williams
6) M Bowen
7) JT (c)
8) A Kafusi
9) A Watts
10) C Webb
11) LOD
12) M Achurch
13) S Southern

14) C Amos 15) D Weston 16) M Scott 17) M Manakomouse.

Don Malone is big strong and fast scored 5 tries in one game and is the nephew of Steve Renoulf, Achurch is fast and mobile something our pack lacks, Dont rate Harris as a backrow Kafusi cost to much to put on the bench and Payne Tronc and Burns need to work on their skills.
Our pack in the past lack 2 things power and speed, Muzz was happy to have 2 or 3 props do all the running whilst the back row tackled whilst running similar lines to the props, Henry will have mobile back rowers running WIDE. Southern can smack the crap out of anyone who gets past. With Scott and Manakmouse on the bench we dont lose any power when we interchange. Bowen is a hole runner and not someone too keen on kick returns so put him in the middle and let him do what he wants.
Hmm Bowen@5/8,really?

As much as I think Bowen would(with some patience) become quite a good half,there is no legitimate replacement@1.
There is no way Ash Graham is fit for that job,no way,he should be played at centre and even there his defence is questionable.

Lastly,while I agree that I think Watts as the starting hooker would be ideal...putting Amos in there in front of Payne is a bit silly?