What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Draw - click here

Roosters vs. Knights @ Sydney Football Stadium ... i doubt it, the club have this wonderful idea of shifting the game to gosford ... f**k the central coast we haven't beaten the knights at gosford EVER ... and we don't do so if they send it up there again ...

shifting games up to the central coast annoys me as a season ticket holder ...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
How dare they send a game to regional area eh? :crazy:

as a paying member + season ticket holder i have the right to have an opinion that i don't like having a home game shifted to the central coast which i can not get to ...

how dare i have an opinion eh? :crazy:

Timmah

Staff member
Just expressing my point of view. I think I'm qualified to comment given my team (of which I too am a Season Ticket Holder) takes an away game to SUNCORP STADIUM once a year. At least Bluetongue is only an hour up the road... and who says you're guaranteed a loss? :?

you didn't express any point of view you just gave a smart arse remark with a cute smiley face ... and what the bulldogs do is none of my concern ... nor is the fact the tigers whore out their team to any stadium offering a buck and change ...

it's not an hour up the road ... it's an hour plus to get on the freeway itself ... and since i don't drive i have to go by train and it isn't 5 minutes on the train either ...

i don't like my team sending off games to gosford or anywhere ...

and we've never beaten newcastle at gosford ... and everytime newcastle fans come in numbers over ours ... it's effectively an away game

God-King Dean

Immortal
I agree Tonearm.

F*ck that 'or the good of the game...' sh*te. I wanna see my team play at their home ground & increase their chances of winning.

I agree Tonearm.

F*ck that 'or the good of the game...' sh*te. I wanna see my team play at their home ground & increase their chances of winning.

exactly ... imo trials should be used for the "good of the game" ... the premiership is too evenly contested to use home games to spread the game ...

Timmah

Staff member
I'm sorry, I must've missed the part where Suncorp is closer to ANZ over the SFS & Bluetongue... :sarcasm: an hour plus on the freeway? Where from, Camden? Wollongong? It's 30-45 minutes tops from the city on a Sunday morning (when that game is normally played) and another 30-45 up the freeway once you're on it. Maybe an hour and a half? f**k me. It usually takes that long to get into the SFS on a Friday night from anywhere west of the CBD :lol:

and we've never beaten newcastle at gosford ... and everytime newcastle fans come in numbers over ours ... it's effectively an away game

Newcastle fans haven't outnumbered the Roosters at Bluetongue since 2006, something that yes, has surprised me, but is certainly true.

I'm sorry, I must've missed the part where Suncorp is closer to ANZ over the SFS & Bluetongue... :sarcasm: an hour plus on the freeway? Where from, Camden? Wollongong? It's 30-45 minutes tops from the city on a Sunday morning (when that game is normally played) and another 30-45 up the freeway once you're on it. Maybe an hour and a half? f**k me. It usually takes that long to get into the SFS on a Friday night from anywhere west of the CBD :lol:

you idiot i said it takes an hour TO GET TO THE FREEWAY ... oh and i live in the city do i? i certainly don't live west i don't know where you got that from and being that the SFS is our HOME ground i don't care how long it takes ... did you miss the part where i said i don't drive? ... did you miss the part where i said i don't care what the bulldogs do? the bulldogs taking a game to suncorp has absolutely dick all to do with my displeasure at the roosters taking a game from the SFS to gosford ...

Timmah

Staff member
you idiot i said it takes an hour TO GET TO THE FREEWAY ... oh and i live in the city do i? i certainly don't live west i don't know where you got that from and being that the SFS is our HOME ground i don't care how long it takes ... did you miss the part where i said i don't drive? ... did you miss the part where i said i don't care what the bulldogs do? the bulldogs taking a game to suncorp has absolutely dick all to do with my displeasure at the roosters taking a game from the SFS to gosford ...

Sorry that was a typo from me, I did mean "an hour to the freeway" - and I reiterate what, from Camden or Wollongong? As I said it's half an hour/45 min to get to Wahroonga on a Sunday morning tops. Of course you don't care how long it takes - it doesn't suit your argument.

And I don't care if you don't care what my club does - it is totally relevant - clubs take home matches "away" all the time and you're here whinging about a game that is totally accessible to you and other Roosters' fans - despite your own protests, when other clubs are taking similar matches to places far more out of reach (Cronulla to Adelaide, Souths to Perth... I'm sure another club will travel to Wellington during the year as well, who knows). You don't have to agree or disagree but they're the facts.

Is a ticket to the Bluetongue match supplied as part of the season ticket arrangements? Moreover, have the Roosters even confirmed it's at Bluetongue yet? :lol:

no ticket's are not confirmed but i think you can buy them earlier than the general public ... and it isn't confirmed as far as i know which is why i said i hope they don't do it but we've done it about 5 or 6 years in a row so i'm pretty sure they will ...

yes clubs take matches away but no it's not relevant to me ... what other clubs do is none of my concern as i have already said ...

Timmah

Staff member
It's only been Newcastle since 2006 correct? Cowboys and Raiders in years prior?

TheDalek079 said:
and a good crowd you got up there too
Couldn't agree more. I believe we'll be taking a game or two to Gosford instead in 2009, but I can't be sure of that either.

yeah we had i think the cowboys first and then the raiders and it's been newcastle since ... since newcastle will draw a better crowd i suspect that will be the most likely match up ... have a look at newcastle's record at the SFS ... another reason we should be playing them at home

Timmah

Staff member
You might get lucky if we move some games there... :crazy:

Roosters' website is currently down :?

don't worry it won't get update until march 1 ... i guess that means we're all banned from the wall until we buy membership although i'd be surprised if they let me back ...

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Roosters vs. Knights @ Sydney Football Stadium ... i doubt it, the club have this wonderful idea of shifting the game to gosford ... f**k the central coast we haven't beaten the knights at gosford EVER ... and we don't do so if they send it up there again ...

shifting games up to the central coast annoys me as a season ticket holder ...
I think its wonderful that the Roosters take a home game against the Knights to Bluetongue. Should play you merkins there all the time :cool: