What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I beleive that the logo will have a 10 years banner at the bottom of the tiger.
i saw that symbol at the luncheon a few weeks back

http://weststigers.com.au/

CachedImageService.axd

Loudstrat

Coach
What the hell is the Cowpats heritage jersey? In the heritag3e round, they wore Newtown jumpers - that's the go???

Red Bear

Referee
Bring back the Blood and Bandages for the Dragons Alternate
See i think it should be the Original Steelers jersey. This isnt too bad a jersey, nice and simple with the white hoops on the arms and looked decent when worn in 2004 against penrith.

The red monstrosity they currently wear however is utter sh*t and can see why they would want to change that.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
What sort of change is happening to the logo? (Or are they just crossing out West and adding East?)

I've gotta say I'm a bit nervous about what the new Warriors jerseys will look like - especially after seeing the new CCC Kiwi Cricket uniforms...

NZ-celebrate_1307101.jpg
McCullum_1275063.jpg

Holy sh*t! The Black Caps look like they're wearing those novelty t-shirts with a fake tux printed on them.

As for Saints alternate jersey, it makes the team look like giant bloody coke cans. The blood and bandages should be our alternate, with the Steelers strip being worn for the Illawarra heritage match. That match should be when we play the Raiders at WIN for mine (with Canberra and Illawarra both joining the comp the same year).

Timmah

Staff member
The Illawarra heritage match always has been v Canberra @ WIN hasn't it?

Charlie124

First Grade
What the hell is the Cowpats heritage jersey? In the heritag3e round, they wore Newtown jumpers - that's the go???

That wasnt a Newtown jersey, it was the jersey worn by the North QLD (townsville?) rep team who played a touring Pommy team in the 60's i think it was. The similarities to Newtown were co-incidental.

Copy/Pasted this from the Cows website

The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys today unveiled the new Heritage jersey to be worn in round six of the Telstra Premiership, commemorating the NRL Heritage round and the 2008 Rugby League Centenary.

Modelled on the 1966 North Queensland jersey worn against Great Britain in Townsville, the jersey recognises the history of the Foley Shield and NQ representative teams of the last 100 years.

The jersey was produced in consultation with the Cowboys' apparel sponsor Concept Sports, with contributions from the Queensland Rugby League Northern Division and local league 'legends' Ray Miguel and Jimmy Patterson.

“In this, the centenary year of Rugby League, we believe it is important to acknowledge the past great history in the North Queensland region. With this in mind we picked up on the design from the historic 1966 NQ team who were victorious over the visiting Great Britain side,” Cowboys CEO Peter Parr said.

While the jersey has been modified to suit the players of 2008, it still reflects the version worn in the famous 1966 victory and also represents a celebration of 100 years of NQ rugby league. Round six will see the Toyota Cowboys play the NZ Warriors at Dairy Farmers Stadium.

http://www.cowboys.com.au/news.php?id=306&page=31

Last edited:

Raider Azz

Bench
the raiders new strip is rumored to be very similar to the strip they wore during heritage week this season (with the CFMEU logo looking similar too):

Heritage.jpg-89b6db950fcf2152d4c21bc407c5d3d6.jpg

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
Thanks for that info Charlie. All makes sense now!

Bring back the Blood and Bandages for the Dragons Alternate

Will match the real blood and bandages that they will have after they get smashed by Hindy, Fui and co at Parra Stadium :)

I actually like their red alternative strip. Beats seeing and endless variation of blue jerseys that seems to be the rage!

Timmah, any truth in the rumour that the Chooks away jumper will be blue and white?

hellteam

First Grade
The Storm jersey is gonna suck if its made by KooGa... they make average jerseys. Same as ISC. They just all look so cheap.

Hopefully the Warriors don't get stuck with that crappy CCC template that begun at the start of the Rugby World Cup... but I'm fairly sure that CCC make all their jerseys like that now, hence the NSW jersey this year.

Bit sad that Puma don't produce any of the jerseys anymore... I always thought they were one of the best suppliers.

In saying all that there really are some poor NRL jerseys out there currently.

Joker's Wild

Coach
The Storm jersey is gonna suck if its made by KooGa... they make average jerseys. Same as ISC. They just all look so cheap.

Cant agree with you there champ. KooGa make quality kit IMO and are eons ahead of manufactures like ISC and Puma.

hellteam

First Grade
Thats cause your bias. I like the away jersey, but the Knights jersey looks like a premier grade rugby union jersey at best.

But you're right that they are ahead of ISC

Joker's Wild

Coach
Thats cause your bias. I like the away jersey, but the Knights jersey looks like a premier grade rugby union jersey at best.

But you're right that they are ahead of ISC

No bias champ. My local club has been using KooGa for the last 3 seasons and they are the best jersey I have ever played in terms of comfort and fit. Before that we used Puma and they felt like being wrapped in cling wrap by comparison.

hellteam

First Grade
Yeah i played with KooGa jerseys too when i was playing rugby.

Just something about the companies Puma, Reebok, Nike, Adidas, X-Blades now too, that makes their jerseys look so much more professional.

The other ones dont look like First Grade jerseys.

in my opinion anyway

Timmah

Staff member
KooGa will only likely be changing the Storm home kit, the away kit has supposedly been retained from the new 08 reebok design they had.