What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

Tom Shines

First Grade
Canterbury's crooked collar I can deal with.
It's those lines on the main panel, the two U-shapes that get me.

Alright, it's your thing, but it's f**king ugly and makes every single strip look generic. Thank Christ they don't have that grip-tape that the Onionballers have on the chest.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
All the jerseys are ISC-submitted images to www.goodscore.com.au. Doesn't mention shorts in those categories but I'm sure you could search 2009 Shorts and get results...

Knightmare

Coach
Why oh WHY do Parra persist with that white away jersey? It looks like total crap! This is the NRL guys, not the EPL! On saying that, nice to see Canberra getting rid of that ugly CFMEU box, and Easts away one looks alot better than this years' one.

hellteam

First Grade
i can only hope so although that's been about the only half decent CCC strip ... the queensland one prior to this year was as random as it got

where you getting all these screenshots of the jerseys? does it say what the shorts will be too? i hope we continue to use all white for the 2nd strip instead of white strip blue shorts

I think the QLD jerseys from the last few years have been good, CCC have stuck with the tradiional collar and it looks so much more classy then the NSW jersey this year

Red Bear

Referee
Didnt like the NSW jersey of games 2 and 3, however the game one jersey is supurb (and i got it at rebel for 100 before origin 3, quality).

choc_soldier

Coach
Why oh WHY do Parra persist with that white away jersey? It looks like total crap!

Isn't it something to do with it not clashing with the Titans strip when they play away? That would imply that their blue strip is their away strip. Parra fans should be able to shed light on this.

Knightmare

Coach
I think the QLD jerseys from the last few years have been good, CCC have stuck with the tradiional collar and it looks so much more classy then the NSW jersey this year

IMO the best Qld jersey thus far was the white horizontal striped one they wore between 1991-94. It'd be good if they just reverted to that or something simple and traditional, instead of changing their jersey every 3 years.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
IMO the best Qld jersey thus far was the white horizontal striped one they wore between 1991-94. It'd be good if they just reverted to that or something simple and traditional, instead of changing their jersey every 3 years.

To be fair the changes that they make these days are pretty minimal.

Red Bear

Referee
I dont think there has ever been a good qld jersey
Utter scum:)

Tyler Durden

Juniors
Isn't it something to do with it not clashing with the Titans strip when they play away? That would imply that their blue strip is their away strip. Parra fans should be able to shed light on this.

Nope. We use the Gold jersey when we have played the Titans and does not appear to have any colour clash.

The white was brought in so the fans will have to pay extra $$$$$$$ for yet another jersey.

What really sucked is that Parra would not stick to one design for the home jersey. You would rock up to a Parra home game, and not be sure if they would run out in the gold. or the white. or the blue.

Knightmare

Coach
The NRL should crack down on that. Sure, heritage jerseys should be allowed, but apart from those there should be a limit to one home and one alternate jersey. And you have to keep the same design for at least 6 years. Clubs like Canberra and Cronulla finally learned that continuously changing jersey design just pisses off the fans and that the traditional jerseys sell better in the end.

Red Bear

Referee
I think thats been across the board tho, after some stupid designs in the 90's/early 2000's clubs are going back to much more simple jerseys. This year the Tigers went from their various weird things to a simple yet effective design, canberra in cronulla have gone back to their more traditional strips, whilst the most recognisable jerseys are still the Chooks, Dragons, Souths and to a lesser extent Canterbury and Manly jerseys, jerseys where it is very obvious who is playing as, in the case of the first 3, they have barely changed in 100 years, whilst the other two have had slight variations on a common theme.

joe9x

Juniors
Rabbitohs Home and Away Jersey Designation for 2009

29 Oct 2008

09JerseysDetail-5bba46da-5c95-4080-a11a-c04d94f88f44.jpg
After two years of playing in the light and dark versions of the Rabbitohs traditional red and green striped jersey, the Club has decided to designate the dark version of the team jersey for home games, with associated black shorts, and have indicated the light strip will be in use for away matches for 2009, where approved by the NRL.
This decision was made because the NRL often deemed the dark strip was too similar to the opposition home team designated jersey (e.g. Panthers, Warriors, etc.), requiring the Rabbitohs to wear the light strip at several away matches in 2008.
The decision to designate the dark jersey for home games should ensure the Rabbitohs play an equal amount of games in both the light and dark versions of the red and green jersey for 2009, as well as provide the associated major corporate partners with equal and maximised exposure.
The new 2009 jerseys will be available for purchase in the lead up to Christmas from the official SSFC Merchandise store and online at www.rabbitohs.com.au. Members can look forward to purchasing these brand new 2009 jerseys from mid-November.

Nuke

Staff member
Already been posted, but it still looks good. A major improvement from recent seasons' alternate jerseys.