What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Captain Of The Year

murphyscreek

Coach
I note that there is an award for this title.

I would like to put in a good word for the Captain of my team (Dragons), dubopov. At the start of the year it looked as though our team would struggle to see the season through. It has only been through the hard work of dubo that has seen us not only stay afloat, but as a team improve enough to go from last place to make it to the top four in the semis.

This was no accident or fluke. Behind the scenes dubo has recruited and then mentored a squad made up almost entirely of inexperienced rookies and guided us through the nuances of the F7's concept, and has generously offered his time and experience on numerous occassions to help us individually when we've struggled with our ideas and words.

Suffice to say, without dubopov there would be no Dragons team. He has already started the difficult process of keeping our squad intact for next year. I have no doubt all the Captains in this years comp have done admirable work, but I think dubopov has excelled this season given how easy it would have been to toss it in given the difficult start.

Plus, his stories are an absolute hoot to read.