What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
10,352 at Toyota

Tigers head to Newcastle next week... god knows.

I'll have a stab at R11 while it's on my mind...

Fri: Newie v Tigers @ EAS - 16k
Sat: Parra v Sharks @ Parra - 9k
Sun: NZ v Souths @ Mt Smart - 11k
Sun: Saints v Canberra @ WIN Gong - 13k
Mon: Pennies v Dogs @ CUA - 18k

Parra fans should be shot if there is only 9k at that game

Saint Doc

Coach
Guys I think you're underestimating the Dragons/Canberra game. Its the last game in Wollongong for a full year, and the last time at the ground before the western grandstand is knocked down. Should get 16-18k hopefully.

Evenflow

Bench
Call me a cynic but any time i see a crowd of just over 10k i always think the actual crowd is under that and just quote that figure to get them over the 5 figure mark.

*Cue the usual suspects whow were there professing "there were well over 10k you just couldn't see them cos they weren't on the tv side"*

Struggling to believe 10.3k at Toyota when there was far more than that at Bluetongue last night and the crowd was given as 10.0k

and there's the usual suspect. Right on cue :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What usual suspect? Want to go through the thread and show where I've bagged Cronulla crowds?

Given the fact I was at Bluetongue last night I can quite honestly say the crowd at Toyota was overstated if the Bluetongue figure was in fact correct. Otherwise it's the other direction, and the Roosters have underplayed their figure.

It's good to see Toyota still hasn't had a sub-10k crowd. My beef this year is with Roosters SFS crowds - namely vs Canberra and NQ.

Evenflow

Bench
What usual suspect? Want to go through the thread and show where I've bagged Cronulla crowds?

Given the fact I was at Bluetongue last night I can quite honestly say the crowd at Toyota was overstated if the Bluetongue figure was in fact correct. Otherwise it's the other direction, and the Roosters have underplayed their figure.

It's good to see Toyota still hasn't had a sub-10k crowd. My beef this year is with Roosters SFS crowds - namely vs Canberra and NQ.

You miss my point completely Tim. The usual suspects comment had sweet FA to do with them bagging Cronulla crowds, if you read my original post it clearly stated that i was talking about the Central Coast crowd and how the "usual suspects" would dispute it (meaning you because you make no secret you frequent Bluetongue games regardless of the teams playing and dispute crowd numbers either there or most other grounds)

You've also made no secret of your desire to have a team on the CC which IMO clouds your judgement to overstating the crowds and wanting more people to be there than actually are. It's certainly not the first time you've defended average crowds at the ground and im sure it wont be the last.

Timmah

Staff member
You miss my point completely Tim. The usual suspects comment had sweet FA to do with them bagging Cronulla crowds, if you read my original post it clearly stated that i was talking about the Central Coast crowd and how the "usual suspects" would dispute it (meaning you because you make no secret you frequent Bluetongue games regardless of the teams playing and dispute crowd numbers either there or most other grounds)

You've also made no secret of your desire to have a team on the CC which IMO clouds your judgement to overstating the crowds and wanting more people to be there than actually are. It's certainly not the first time you've defended average crowds at the ground and im sure it wont be the last.

Having attended Mariners games where crowd figures are regularly announced as 8, 9 or 10k, I'm positive last nights crowd was more than those Mariners crowd. That's what I don't understand.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
For the record this was the first round in Australian rugby league history that there have been three crowds of over 30K at three different games.

Timmah

Staff member
What do you expect with two sh*thouse teams?

As I said, bookmark me - Sea Eagles v Tigers will go close to a sellout.

MsStorm

Bench
The Raiders actually had a bit of a promotion and Storm members got free admission.

Yes I know, and it was great gesture by the the Raiders mangement do that.
Don't forget people spend money at games for food and drink, etc. and every dollar spent at the game and around Canberra helps the club and the economy.

Pazza

First Grade
roosters and sharks are cancer on crowd numbers. but what i cant understand is why people are predicting a sub 10k crowd at an eels game??? we have an avg attendance of 20k!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts