What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Knights Season

transporter

Juniors
I think we're in for a crap season, its all getting worse

so far we've copped danny Wicks saga
injuries to half our side, Gidley, Taia, DeGois, Tolar, Rogers, and we still 4 weeks away.

court issue with some govt authority,

Im looking at about a 12th for the year.

look forward to your opinions.

perverse

Referee
i've been collating my thoughts recently to make a thread completely in opposition to this opinion. our roster hasn't changed, and i'm of the firm belief that injuries in the pre-season are much better than injuries in mid-late season. we're due for a year that is kind to us with injuries.

more to come, i don't really have time for a long winded post at the moment, but i think there's a lot to be positive about this year. i think a lot of our players will get to play a more natural game under stone, and i think this will bring the very best out of a lot of our key talent. we have essentially the same squad as last year, only with a year more experience playing with each other... our youth is growing up and solidifying their rightful spots in first grade, and we have a few very good juniors ready to start making the step up, too.

i can't see us being top 2 material or anything (although stranger things have happened), but i think a lot of people are writing us off for the wrong reasons (or no reason whatsoever). just remember that last year we were looking good for a top 4 spot before smithgate happened.

cram

Bench
I have given up trying to predict these things. A couple of seasons ago I took the attitude that all i want to see is effort. Hopefully that effort provides the team and hence the supporters with plenty of rewards if doesnt well so be it.

Worrying about it won't make it any better. :)

Serc

First Grade
I'm going for 5th-7th again this year...though not quite as confident about it as my predictions in recent years. There may be some top 4 potential like at some point last year, but I think the lower half of the 8 looks more like our zone.

PS: I got last year and the year before right *insert JW comment here* :p

The Pain Game

Juniors
Missed out on Mason and some early injury clouds over Gidley (I heard it is worse than first thought). Touch wood you can keep DeGois on the field too - I really rate him. It would be a massive effort for the Knights to make the 8, but your clubs prides itself on that sort of stuff.

Bicey_18

Bench
Missed out on Mason and some early injury clouds over Gidley (I heard it is worse than first thought). Touch wood you can keep DeGois on the field too - I really rate him. It would be a massive effort for the Knights to make the 8, but your clubs prides itself on that sort of stuff.

Ahh we made the 8 last year, unlike your side..

From what I hear.. Thurston is set to leave the Cowboys for a MASSIVE deal to play Union.

No Thurston = Wooden spoon for the Cowboys for many years to come...

I also heard that Bowen's injury is way worse than first thought... he will be lucky to make Round 1 2011...

And apparently, word is there is a MASSIVE problem within the Cowboys club.. so bad that players have had enough and want out..

Also..I heard Mason is already in trouble! Not good..

So after hearing all that.. I think it will be a MASSIVE effort for the Cowboys to be even competitive in 2010. Most likely spoon for Cowboys.. sorry.

BTW, Knights to make top 4.

Bicey_18

Bench
I think we're in for a crap season, its all getting worse

so far we've copped danny Wicks saga
injuries to half our side, Gidley, Taia, DeGois, Tolar, Rogers, and we still 4 weeks away.

court issue with some govt authority,

Im looking at about a 12th for the year.

look forward to your opinions.

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

Danny who?

Injuries may only cost the players a few games at the start of the season... no biggie.

I'm looking at a top 4 finish for the year