What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 vs 2008

mongoose

Coach
How do you think we compare now to this time 2 years ago when we made a similar sort of run to the finals. I think we finished 13 - 11 that year as well, except our for and against was way better in 08 and we came in 6th.

I think we were playing more attractive footy in 2008. Our attack was unbelievable in the last 8 weeks of that season. However our 2010 side is probably mentally tougher and there are not as many holes in the defence as there were back in 2010. Our 2010 team on paper is certainly far superior to 2008. We also had a lot of injuries by the end of 2008. We were hard pressed fielding a team for the final against the sharks.

I enjoyed the 08 run better than this year but I think this team has a greater chance of doing something in the finals.

Cryptic

Juniors
Unfortunantly we won't be up against the Sharks this time, hehe...

Dragons or Tigers I believe we would win.... Titans are a bit of a bogey team for us when we play away (it was easily our worst game of the season) so, apart from being able to see the team two weeks in a row, I would REALLY prefer to play the Dragons... We know how to beat them as long as the team remembers how to build preasure and just wait for chances!

Your 2010 season is going exceptional. You guys have every right to be excited. I think the Raiders, Titans & Warriors are on the way up in the next 2-3 seasons
Roosters as much as it hurts are going the right direction too

typicalfan

Coach
How do you think we compare now to this time 2 years ago when we made a similar sort of run to the finals. I think we finished 13 - 11 that year as well, except our for and against was way better in 08 and we came in 6th.

I think we were playing more attractive footy in 2008. Our attack was unbelievable in the last 8 weeks of that season. However our 2010 side is probably mentally tougher and there are not as many holes in the defence as there were back in 2010. Our 2010 team on paper is certainly far superior to 2008. We also had a lot of injuries by the end of 2008. We were hard pressed fielding a team for the final against the sharks.

I enjoyed the 08 run better than this year but I think this team has a greater chance of doing something in the finals.

The 08 side smacked the easy beats and struggled against the top teams. The 2010 side has beaten 5 of the 7 other teams in the top 8 and struggled with complacency against lower ranked teams like the Cowboys, Rabbitohs and Bulldogs.

The 2010 side would beat the 2008 side.

Timbo

Staff member
The 08 side had Brett Kelly on the wing in the first semi. The 2010 side doesn't.

Bam.

2010 for me. There is an air of confidance in the whole club. Anything is possible this year.

2008 was good as well , we played some good footy and we played with alot of injuries. The form of Campo and Best was brilliant. I'll never forget Best burning Gasnier.

aussies1st

Staff member
In 08 we were the entertainers and were only behind Manly in terms of points scored. This season we haven't been as entertaining but we looked better for the tight games.

Timbo

Staff member
In 08 we were the entertainers and were only behind Manly in terms of points scored. This season we haven't been as entertaining but we looked better for the tight games.

Yeah, this is the first season in a looooooong time where I haven't felt in every game that we need to blow a team off the paddock in the first 10 minutes to win a game.

We've gone up a gear or two mentally.