What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 World Cup - Germany 4 England 1 - Round of 16

fish eel

Immortal
outofafricaax.jpg

Bumble

First Grade
If the linesman isn't a f**king spastic the entire game changes. On a sidenote, how many shots did Lampard have in the 06 and 10 world cups that looked destined for the net only to be denied by a great save or hit the woodwork? Must be the unluckiest player of the last 2 tournaments.

Germany were awesome on the counter in the second half, but if it's 2-2 England aren't throwing everyone forward like that...not that I think they needed to.

How Barry and Upson started ahead of Dawson and Carrick is beyond me. Rooney also did nothing for four games. Really upset right now.

Ridders

Coach
But really though, England's main c**k up was not qualifying first in their group and hence, missing out on a relatively easy run to the semis.

Red Bear

Referee
If the linesman isn't a f**king spastic the entire game changes. On a sidenote, how many shots did Lampard have in the 06 and 10 world cups that looked destined for the net only to be denied by a great save or hit the woodwork? Must be the unluckiest player of the last 2 tournaments.

Germany were awesome on the counter in the second half, but if it's 2-2 England aren't throwing everyone forward like that...not that I think they needed to.

How Barry and Upson started ahead of Dawson and Carrick is beyond me. Rooney also did nothing for four games. Really upset right now.
Because Carrick is sh*thouse? Barry>Carrick (although Barry mightn't have been completely fit). England really could've done with Hargreaves not breaking down over the last few years.

Oh and Jamie Carragher>the rest of the centre backs:D

Noa

First Grade
Because he was playing out wide all night?

He switched with Barry plenty of times.

Fact is he has minimal subtlety and technique to his game whatsover and either he plays RM and stays on there (instead of cutting in all the time) or leave him out.

Personally id leave him out.

Bumble

First Grade
But really though, England's main c**k up was not qualifying first in their group and hence, missing out on a relatively easy run to the semis.

True...Rooney's sitter against Slovenia that he rattled into the post cost them dearly.