What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 World Cup - Netherlands 0 Spain 1 - FINAL

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I picked Spain over Netherlands at the start of the WC and I dont see any need to change, Spain coming good at the right time.

Bumble

First Grade
For the first time since 1998 we're going to have a new World Cup winner...exciting.

Cmon the Dutchies.

Bulldog Force

Referee
For the first time ever, we're going to have a European team winning in a non-European country.

VIVA ESPANA!!!!!!

(Although my tip will go with the Octopus!)

Noa

First Grade
Did he mention they got done like dinner by a more defensive team containg Wes Sneijder, or did the master "analyst" leave that out.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its all over for the Netherlands as Paul the Octopus has picked Spain

Noa

First Grade
Mani the Parrot >>>>>>>>> Paul the Octopus

0,,13042~8886401,00.jpg

http://www.a1worldcup.asiaone.com/page/NewsDetailLocal/0,,13042~2088005,00.html

Bulldog Force

Referee
Trust Paul to be wrong when I want him most to be right :(
7 hours to go.

Don't be fooled by tv guides people. All tv guides are saying kickoff (AEST) will be at 3:30pm. The kickoff will be normal time GMT+2:30 in South Africa, meaning we're getting it at 4:30am (GMT+10:00)

pantherz9103

First Grade
This is the final I picked and I hope its a contest worthy of the two best teams not only at WC 2010 but also the two best for the entire campaign + qualifying.
I'd be happy whoever wins as I like watching both sides play and whoever wins will be a first time winner. I tipped Spain but if Holland get up its all good too. More focused on the quality of the game rather than a favourite winning.

langpark

First Grade
tonite is the night that holland finally get found outas the pretenders that they are, against a mediocre spain. 2-0, Villa to grab both.

Red Bear

Referee
I ended up with Spain vs Netherlands final in the tipping comp my soccer club put on. Spain 2-1.

Although this is the hardest one to pick. I was pretty confident Spain would beat Germany, and Netherlands were morals for their semi. This is a tough one, both sides are very calm and arent going to do anything stupid, but I just think Spain will find it easier to unlock the Dutch defence.

Noa

First Grade
Maybe its the heart but Holland to win 3-2, RVP to grab a double. No doubt Spain play the better looking football but Holland have the more dangerous players IMO and that will be the difference.

Red Bear

Referee
Spains ability to retain possesion will be too great I think, although would be a better side to watch if they actually tried to land the killer blow a little more often rather than just constant build up. But i guess that's how they have become so good, by always being cool under pressure and not panicing or rushing into a shot.

Spain 2 (Villa, Alonso) Netherlands 1 (Kuyt)

Bumble

First Grade
I just hope that we don't see Spain play boring possession-ball and not try and not even try to score in the first half.