What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 ANZAC Test: Kangaroos -V- Kiwis

Titanic

First Grade
The referee can take all the time he wants but I think all the tributes are adding to the time it will take him, so this will be the last tribute (before the next one).

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd like to offer a tribute to Titanic.

It can't be easy keeping in touch with the Rugby league world in a place foreign to rugby league. The fact he is a legendary enigma of the highest echelon, considering this almighty setback is almost beyond words.

I must say though, regarding the lack of rugby league availability in your current locale, I feel your pain.

I'm in Melbourne.

Charge your glasses!

Titanic

First Grade
What do Melbourne and Nanjing have in common (apart from F7's freaks)? Lots of Chinese.

Hey 'Unit, I get to Melbourne every so often as we have long-standing collaborations with UoM, so I'll take you up on that glass or three next time I'm down ... and bring your hard drive I'll run short of ideas after the next 40 or so.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
What do Melbourne and Nanjing have in common (apart from F7's freaks)? Lots of Chinese.

Hey 'Unit, I get to Melbourne every so often as we have long-standing collaborations with UoM, so I'll take you up on that glass or three next time I'm down ... and bring your hard drive I'll run short of ideas after the next 40 or so.
I'm a beer drinkers best mate. I don't drink but I'll be more than happy to buy you a beer or three!

I don't think you'll get rugby league ideas based on the contents of my hard drive :lol::sarcasm::oops:

The Chinese are all in Box Hill :-(

gorilla

First Grade
*gorilla arrogantly struts across the field, condescendingly stroking his authentic tortise-shell comb across his structured hair part and all-the-while stroking a beer-sodden coaster in his back pocket.*

KIWIS

Madunit
Solid connection between ANZAC history and early rugby league identities.
League content good.
Story smoothly delivered but with some disjointedness.
Admin (spelling, grammar, etc) good with some editorial improvements possible – sentence structure.
Had some sparkle and emotion.

LeagueNut
Nicely constructed scenario of musical theatre expressing the salary cap imbroglio.
Lyrics well constructed and recognisable.
Good league content.
Well constructed and flowing story.
Admin (spelling, grammar, etc) good.
Novel, catchy and tickled my fancy.

Willow
Sweetly written conversational post – seems a bit unfinished ?
League content good.
Admin (spelling, grammar, etc) good – difficult with conversation as a major part of the thread of story.
Left me hanging – maybe I missed something but it had something else to say for another 10% worth of marks.

byrne_rovelli
Seemingly without breath, this post rolls on to set out recent of Kiwi/Aussie league history.
League content good.
Reads as a one-paced announcement, a little predictable but gets effectively to the end-point.

Jesbass
Simply written insight into ANZAC tradition, soldiering and heritage as we generally do not personally understand.
League content limited.
Clear and evocative with personal insights into courage and consideration.

KANGAROOS

Amadean
Semi funny ‘roast-style’ post, mostly humorous insults strung together.
Limited league content.
Admin (spelling, grammar, etc) OK with some editorial improvements possible.
Nice collection of insulting comments but ultimately not spectacular.

Tittoolate
Attractive balance of activity, speech and inner thought to highlight insecurity and personal intention.
League content good.
Admin (spelling, grammar, etc) good with one editorial improvement possible.
Well written, tricky post that was good to read and kept attention focused.

Azkatro
Despite my lack of solid statistics qualifications and experience (I do have some.. ) the argument/discussion is compelling and seems well-formed.
League content good.
Admin (spelling, grammar, etc) OK with some editorial improvements possible – some editing of sentence and paragraph structure would have improved it considerably.
Interesting content and moderately well written – I was very interested in the facts and the processes.

Joshie
Pleasing story about determination, grit and application and final reward through victory.
League content good.
Solid construct of story but a bit jumpy or disjointed in the telling.
Admin (spelling, grammar, etc) OK, but editorial errors - mainly paragraph and sentence construction, could have improved the telling and the story outcome.
Enjoyed the point of view and personal story.

Titanic
Straightforward historical post delivered with style, humour and insight.
League content good.
Pleasant and informative read, interesting without being inspirational.

Kiwis (412) defeated Kangaroos (409)

POM: Tittoolate (88)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
woo go kiwi's.

Thanks gorilla, you're a brilliant wonderful genius!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Good stuff ref and thanks for taking up the whistle.

Congrats fellow Kiwis, commiserations fellow Aussies.

Congrats Titoolate on the POTM.
Willow
Sweetly written conversational post – seems a bit unfinished ?
League content good.
Admin (spelling, grammar, etc) good – difficult with conversation as a major part of the thread of story.
Left me hanging – maybe I missed something but it had something else to say for another 10% worth of marks.
To answer the question. It was finished. The club CEO set it up.

Black fiction on the limts of football code rivalry, or game of twister - take your choice. Essentially, the players found their limit of acceptance when it came to betrayal - converting to AFL was when they snapped. So they committed the evil deed and collusion reigned.

Looking at the field, very happy with the score. :thumn

Last edited:

Titanic

First Grade
Well done Australia, you were certainly not disgraced and I knew once JB maliciously posted that the ARL's (he must have been confused with his NSWRL bribe from a previous life) cheque had bounced we were dead in the water.

Congratulations Kiwis, well deserved.

Special mention to the Mumbai Mauler T2 for his POTM and to Joshie on their rep debuts ... great efforts all round.

Thanks Goz for stepping up.

Last edited:

Tittoolate

Juniors
Thanks Gorilla for the ref job and for stepping up and for your generous comments.

Kills me to say this but.....congrats to our Kiwi brethren. Well played and a deserved win.

To the valiant Aussie comrades in arms - a pleasure to play alongside. Yes, we was robbed, but deep down we know we are superior! Hold heads high!

Thanks too for the POM award, I shall regale friends, foes and rels alike (actually some rels are a subset of foes, but that's for another time...) about my first test match!

Now for a Kingfisher or two and a good curry.

joshie

Live Update Team
thanks gorilla, and thank you to the kiwis. well played game :)

thanks titanic for giving me my international debut

and kiwis, cya at the end of the year ;)

LeagueNut

First Grade
Wow, another great ANZAC clash. Well done everyone, three cheers to Gorilla :clap:\\\\:D/:clap: and a thumbs up to Tittoolate as well. :thumn

LeagueNut
Nicely constructed scenario of musical theatre expressing the salary cap imbroglio.
Lyrics well constructed and recognisable.
Good league content.
Well constructed and flowing story.
Novel, catchy and tickled my fancy.

I have to admit this line put a big smile on my face. Musically themed articles can be very hit-and-miss, so I'm bloody glad I hit the mark with this one. :D

P.S - GO THE MIGHTY KIWIS! A pleasure once again to lead such a fine team ... but please, let's never mention the donkey again.

Jesbass

First Grade
Thanks to the referee - huge of you to step up in trying circumstances, and you did a stellar job! :thumn

Congratulations to Tittoolate for the POTM. As always, the Kangaroos put up one heck of a fight! :)

Well done, fellow Kiwis! As always, I take great pride from the black and white that flows through my veins... :D

My article was rushed and it showed, but I'm not disappointed by my score, given the tough battle up front! (And I'm relieved that my teammates carried me through!) ;-)

...I knew once JB maliciously posted that the ARL's...cheque had bounced we were dead in the water.

By sheer coincidence, once I maliciously told gorilla that if the Kangaroos won that he'd be banned from F7s for life, I knew you were dead in the water... :sarcasm:

Tittoolate

Juniors
Thanks ref for stepping in and nicely played Kiwis: too good this time.

Joshie - congrats on a brilliant rep debut.

Tittoolate: you were lucky this match, but you have to sleep sometime. Revenge will be sweet and dire.

And Aussies... well played. My apologies for letting the team down, will work harder next time.