What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 ROUND 4: Panthers -V- Rabbitohs

Monk

Referee
Thanks so much for the proxy post NT. Work always seems to give me shifts at inconvenient times.

Best of luck to you all.

Bubbles

Juniors
Have been offline for a couple of weeks now - great to come back on and find that Souths have come through again; bloody excellent work everyone and good luck to both teams!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, in the end I think the best result here is that Souths are fighting back with two 5 article matches in a row for them, which is bloody fantastic.

Keep it up fellas. NT, you're a legend mate!

Titanic

First Grade
PANTHERS

Leadership: Keys to Sustainable Success
– Big Mick (742 OWC)
A well-researched presentation that argues the need to have your entire house in order before you can expect to have a fully functional rugby league organization. Enjoyable read. 87

Numerologically Revealing League
– Mad Unit (742 OWC)
A well composed and novel concept that kept me intrigued all the way to the end where I encountered a feeling of entrapment. Despite the captivating title, what could have been a cracker of an article fell short by not demonstrating the role numbers play in those numerological links to league. 85

untitled – Didgi(749 OWC)
A creative parody that underlines the frustration of NRL referees and their often ignored humanity. A thoroughly entertaining concept that was somewhat marred by a lack of formatting. 85

The sporting secret of dinosaurs
– Azkatro (747 OWC)
A very improbable source providing a very plausible anecdote. Historical quotes from modern day dinosaurs Gould and Hadley added credibility to this, until recently, little known archival offering. 90

The Crystal Ball
– Goleel (746 OWC)
A peep into the future of rugby league in Australia, echoing the sentiments of many fans and the dreams of others as they await the introduction of a managing commission. Well put together. 86

RABBITOHS

untitled – Spanner in the works (699 OWC)
A thought-provoking lecture, combining the pressures applied by contemporary society on celebrities and the elevation of elite rugby league players into that circle. A little disjointed but held my attention until the conclusion. 84

Survivor: NSW Halfback, Finale
–Marshall Magic (748 OWC)
Tongue in cheek or fly on the wall? A very entertaining piece set to the backdrop of the deepest, darkest jungle of Blues selection. 91

RUGBY LEAGUE JOURNALISM...for dummies
–Non Terminator (727 OWC)
Poor old journalists, always on the receiving end of something and in this case it’s the sarcasm stick. Although the “dummies” concept has appeared previously in F7’s, I felt the application of sentiment was handled well. 86

Does good enough really mean old enough?
– Monk (749 OWC)
Addressing the alarming injury rate to young NRL players and the effect that this has on the state of the game is very much a hot topic. The wide coverage of a number of related issues added to the article’s appeal. 86

The Lament of South Sydney
– Bwuce (750 OWC)
South Sydney can be so depressing. This meandering journey of the inner-Sydney working class club’s past, links the Rabbitoh’s down-trodden roots and their modern-day ailing with dashed expectations. 87

RABBITOHS 434 defeated PANTHERS 433

POTM: Marshall Magic 91.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
well done bunnies a well deserved win.

Sorry panthers, felt I let you all down there.

Bwuce

Juniors
Holy snappin' ducksh1t - I can't believe it - Rabbits on the Rise :p

Thanks Panthers and thanks ref.

Cheers for the quick marking Titanic (your cheque is in the mail btw)

Great job Bunnies, our best team score all season and our first win. Now lets string a few together, no more excuses.

All the best for the rest of the season Panthers.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Numerologically Revealing League – Mad Unit (742 OWC)
A well composed and novel concept that kept me intrigued all the way to the end where I encountered a feeling of entrapment. Despite the captivating title, what could have been a cracker of an article fell short by not demonstrating the role numbers play in those numerological links to league. 85

Thanks for the comments Titanic.

I must admit, I was attempting to show the futility of numerology and how its a system that can't even give the NRL hope for the future. I struggled to explain this so I tried to do it I guess in the format of the article (removing the numbers in a sort of subliminal message type of thing). I'm not arguing against the refereeing at all, just trying to explain why it ended up being an article about numerology yet containing no numbers.

I was always very concerned about the ending.

Anyways, thanks for the marking, and well done to the bunnies. I hope you guys keep on getting stronger throughout the year.

Big Mick

Referee
Just realised I hadn't even posted in the thread.

I thought I had on Friday!

lol

Congrats to the Bunnies on their win. Well deserved as always!

Thanks to Titanic for the marking.

Heads up lads, we'll bounce back next round :D

Latest posts